Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

nycom, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by frankenberry, Feb 23, 2007.

1. frankenberry

Pre-Medical
    I just received a letter from NYCOM stating that they want lors submitted now,but in the same letter it states that supplemental applications will be sent out to only the candidates chosen to be interveiwed which i have not received. I am confused are they interested or not? help!

2. CTrainSJU

CTrainSJU MS I
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't have any experience with this particualr school, however, if they are going to take the initiative to remind you about incomplete file status or tell you they still need materials I would not take that as a bad sign. On another note, isn't it really late to be applying?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would just send in your LORs, couldnt hurt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. docem

2+ Year Member

NYCOM confirms that they have received your primary application and ask for LORs. They will then only send a secondary if you have been selected for an interview. You bring the secondary with you to your interview. Does that clarify? If not feel free to PM me.