NYCOM's Postbacc Plus Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazy4MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm seriously considering postbacc programs around the NYC area. I recently learned that NYCOM has a program for minorities in the field. Does anyone have any information about this program that would help me out? I'd like to know if it is competitive, if it guarantee's acceptance to NYCOM, and what minorities are they considering here? thanks. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Never heard of it and I go to NYCOM. There are several programs though:

1) BSDO 7 year combined program
2) APEP Accelerated program for emigre physicians - requires that you have graduated from a foreign med school.
3) FP4 this program is for people with borderline applications. I don't know if it is only for minorites or if it is open to all. I may be wrong about borderline applications being what puts people in this program. Some applicants are offered this program insted of a rejection. It consists of some summer courses and the first year only taking 4 courses (I think). The second year is your normal first year except you have finished those four courses. The third year is a normal second year. Your 4/5 years are the normal 3/4 clinical rotations.

The person to send an e-mail to at the school would be Doctor Digiovana. She is the dean of student services and could tell you exactly what programs the school has. [email protected]