You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NYIT DPT
Started by Samlanova
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I heard back from them on 9/15. They sent me an interview offer for 10/16. I submitted my application around early August.
I heard back from them on 9/15. They sent me an interview offer for 10/16. I submitted my application around early August.
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, so you heard pretty quickly after your application was verified? I'm so anxious to hear back now!Just heard back from them and have an interview December 4th! No there is no supplemental.
Congratulations and good luck!!
Not really! I was verified 10/15 and got the email for invitation on 11/3. I also have another interview on the same day 🙁 I need to decide which one but most likely going to NYIT since its a lot closer to home than the other school.Wow, so you heard pretty quickly after your application was verified? I'm so anxious to hear back now!
Congratulations and good luck!!
PTCAS app verified 10/15 and got an interview invite for Dec 4th on 11/5! Could not believe it!...considering my grades were not highly competitive. Does anyone have any tips for the interview process?! How long will it be for and what type of questions do they ask? Any ethical or current issues in PT type questions?
Congrats! Are you planning to attend?NYIT works fast! Just got my acceptance email today! Good luck everyone interviewing there.
PTCAS app verified 10/15 and got an interview invite for Dec 4th on 11/5! Could not believe it!...considering my grades were not highly competitive. Does anyone have any tips for the interview process?! How long will it be for and what type of questions do they ask? Any ethical or current issues in PT type questions?
The interview process was very relaxed. Everyone is super nice. It started with a presentation abt the program by the chair and then a tour followed by the essay. We were called for interviews while writing the essay. If you were not done, you could come back to your essays after! Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks a lot!!! Are you attending NYIT?The interview process was very relaxed. Everyone is super nice. It started with a presentation abt the program by the chair and then a tour followed by the essay. We were called for interviews while writing the essay. If you were not done, you could come back to your essays after! Good luck!
Not sure if I will attend! Waiting to hear back from other schools!Thanks a lot!!! Are you attending NYIT?
Last edited:
Congrats!!! Where else did you apply?!Not sure if I will attend! Waiting to hear back from other schools!
Interviewed on October and reserved my spot in November. 🙂
Anyone on the NYIT Waitlist still??! What are the chances of me getting accepted at this point? I was told waitlist movement wouldn't start until at least mid January to as late as April 2016. They also said each year, they are in need of 5 students from the list...
Anyone attending NYIT and need a place to rent near Old Westbury?!
Has anyone heard back from NYIT yet? For the 2016-2017 cycle?
They said my application is under review and they'd get back to me shortly. Did you receive that email as well?
Wow, 13 seats? Where else did you apply? 🙁I got that as well on September 1st when I submitted my application. But I emailed Dr.Gallagher Aprx one week ago and she said that there were only 13 seats left in the program.... I guess they are only really looking at ED applicants.
Hey, what was the agenda for the interview day? All they told me is that it starts at 9:00am, what time did it end up finishing? I am from Pittsburgh so I'm not close to the school at all hahaThe interview process was very relaxed. Everyone is super nice. It started with a presentation abt the program by the chair and then a tour followed by the essay. We were called for interviews while writing the essay. If you were not done, you could come back to your essays after! Good luck!
Has anyone heard from NYIT, I had an interview on Nov 11th ?
how did the interview go? I have one this Friday the 18th! In the email I think it said the decisions will be made after all interviews so you will probably hear next week!Has anyone heard from NYIT, I had an interview on Nov 11th ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they said they will make decision by nov 21st
Okay cool thanks! Good luck! I am anxious for the interview this Friday.they said they will make decision by nov 21st
are you from ny, what other schools you apply to?
I applied to alvernia, u of science at phila, temple university and misecrodia U, do you know their timetables?
how was your interview experience at nyit
How did your interview go? @yinzer94how did the interview go? I have one this Friday the 18th! In the email I think it said the decisions will be made after all interviews so you will probably hear next week!
How did your interview go? @yinzer94
It wasn't bad, I didn't like the interview day that much. During the interview I was basically just asked questions about information they already knew on my PTCAS application. (grades, PT experience, extra curricular) It was more of them writing down everything I said than an actual conversation\interview, so I don't know just disappointed.
I had the same experience, I think they want to know you overall it was a uninstructed interview, what essay question you have? and i didnt tell you mine because it seems they switched they do their interviews
I too interviewed at NYIT this cycle. I personally liked the interview, the professor I had was Dr. Eric Greenberg, and it was much more conversationally based than others that I've been on. Interesting background and I thought we had similar aspirations to become a physical therapist when considering his background in pediatrics and sports therapy. Besides this, I doubt i'll be getting into NYIT seeing as though there are only like 13 seats for regular decision applicants and almost 20 people in my group. On top of that there were 2 interview dates, so thats like a 30% chance I get a seat. Whereas the other applicants I spoke to had generally higher grades than I did. Great experience nonetheless.
future when did you interview at NYIT i also interviewed on 11th
Dr. Gallagher told me this week they will be making decisions
congrats! what did it say and how long till you have till decide if going to nyit
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!just got an acceptance email a couple minutes ago!
Omg me too !! I'm so excitedjust got an acceptance email a couple minutes ago!
I think they still have more applicants to send out acceptance im hoping for that