-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NYIT interview
Started by A Homeless Guy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me too! October 10th!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had to RSVP to the October 24th one because of a conflict for October 10th, good luck on your interviews!
Thank you, and to you as well!
Just got my invitation today, might be headed to the October 24th one! Any ideas on what to expect?
Did anyone who interviewed yesterday (Friday, October 10th) find out when we were supposed to hear back from them concerned admission?
How was the interview process? I've read that you have to write an essay?
It was ok. We had a tour, q&a session, and then essay.
It was ok. We had a tour, q&a session, and then essay.
any interview questions that threw you off? or was it pretty relaxed
We are supposed to hear sometime mid week. Dr. Gallagher told me that normally when Dr. Friel is there they will get an informal email out to those accepted same day but since she was at a conference it has it has to wait. If we don't get into NYIT then we will hear from the automatic system in about 3 weeks. So basically it is this week or bust.
so basically, we're nailbiting for the next 48 hours 
haha basically. better than nailbiting for a month!
And the only issue I had with the interview process was who interviewed you. I feel like I lucked out since I got interviewed by Dr. Gallagher on a few fronts. Also, I am not sure how closely they looked at each application. My questions were personal but only after the initial "Why PT" question which made her ask about things I specifically mentioned. Didn't seem like they had specific questions for each person.
It seemed very relaxed, in my opinion. Id rather have that kind of interview than being asked left-field questions that would get me stumped. I got interviewed by Dr.Gugliotti. He seemed to already know most of my stuff and just wanted to get to know me better.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, any updates?
I haven't heard anything yet so who knows.
Has anyone heard from or contacted Dr. Friel about Nov 10th decisions?
Oops, Oct 10.....
Well this is frustratingly suspenseful. Maybe they decided to wait until after that Oct 24th set of interviews.
Corin Told me they would have gotten back to us that same day, but since Dr. Friel was not in she'll let me know in a couple weeks. So i'm hoping that is true so we can at least receive some sort of informal message like you said, instead of hearing from an automated message a week from friday.
Yeah that is what Dr. Gallagher told me as well but she said within a week. Better than hearing a month but now but still. Rolling Admissions is not fun
Ah well that solves that mystery
I was waitlisted as well.
Just finished my interview, was very relaxed Dr.Friel, said we would hear back early next week if we were accepted/waitlisted. If we dont hear back it means we got denied (she said the admissions deals with denied letters and are usually backlogged). She also mentioned that 20 out of 40ish (max 43) spots were already taken, 5 were accepted but not locked in, and i think 2-4 were accepted from October 10th. Dr. Friel also mentioned they like to keep a large waitlist (30-40 if i remember correctly) just because sometimes mid-march or later people start changing minds and they look to the waitlist to cover that admission spot. Good luck to everyone else interviewing/are on the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, if you do not mind I would like to ask you a question: are the essay topics on the current issues related to PT or something totally unusual?It was ok. We had a tour, q&a session, and then essay.
Thank you 🙂
They were pretty much off topic. Really random. And specifically, they DONT want to relate it to PT.Hi, if you do not mind I would like to ask you a question: are the essay topics on the current issues related to PT or something totally unusual?
Thank you 🙂
:-( Thanks......Do you mind to share? I am so nervous....Don't like surprises.They were pretty much off topic. Really random. And specifically, they DONT want to relate it to PT.
I'd honestly love to, but I don't recall. I remember them saying that it was just to gauge how you think and your thought processes.
Thank you and good luck!I'd honestly love to, but I don't recall. I remember them saying that it was just to gauge how you think and your thought processes.
To you as well!
hey, mine had something like "Choose a car, a character, color that best describes you." and "What was a time you failed and what did you learn about yourself from that experience." well something like that. It IS really random and definitely not PT-related. They probably just want to get a better sense of your personality🙂 hope that helps!
Hello, Thank you so much for sharing!!!!! Much Love & Blessings.hey, mine had something like "Choose a car, a character, color that best describes you." and "What was a time you failed and what did you learn about yourself from that experience." well something like that. It IS really random and definitely not PT-related. They probably just want to get a better sense of your personality🙂 hope that helps!
about 90,000
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone had been accepted to nyit and is considering to go there🙂
I received my acceptance package in the mail last weekend! SUUUPER EXCITED! I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs but after touring the campus and meeting the faculty during the interview, I have my mind set on NYIT!
Were you offered a spot as well?
Were you offered a spot as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how much NYIT costs for all three years?
According to Dr. Gallagher it is $1050 per credit. A total of 100 credits so it is 105,000$ for all three years.
I received my acceptance package in the mail last weekend! SUUUPER EXCITED! I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs but after touring the campus and meeting the faculty during the interview, I have my mind set on NYIT!
Were you offered a spot as well?
Congrats. I received my acceptance package from October interview. I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs as well.
I received my acceptance package in the mail last weekend! SUUUPER EXCITED! I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs but after touring the campus and meeting the faculty during the interview, I have my mind set on NYIT!
Were you offered a spot as well?
Congrats! I put down a deposit but still waiting for a few more schools. 🙂