NYIT interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

A Homeless Guy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys has anybody else heard from NYIT? I just got an email about an interview in October, was wondering if anyone has been to their interview before. Or is currently attending NYIT and how their program is. Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone who interviewed yesterday (Friday, October 10th) find out when we were supposed to hear back from them concerned admission?
 
We are supposed to hear sometime mid week. Dr. Gallagher told me that normally when Dr. Friel is there they will get an informal email out to those accepted same day but since she was at a conference it has it has to wait. If we don't get into NYIT then we will hear from the automatic system in about 3 weeks. So basically it is this week or bust.
 
And the only issue I had with the interview process was who interviewed you. I feel like I lucked out since I got interviewed by Dr. Gallagher on a few fronts. Also, I am not sure how closely they looked at each application. My questions were personal but only after the initial "Why PT" question which made her ask about things I specifically mentioned. Didn't seem like they had specific questions for each person.
 
It seemed very relaxed, in my opinion. Id rather have that kind of interview than being asked left-field questions that would get me stumped. I got interviewed by Dr.Gugliotti. He seemed to already know most of my stuff and just wanted to get to know me better.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Corin Told me they would have gotten back to us that same day, but since Dr. Friel was not in she'll let me know in a couple weeks. So i'm hoping that is true so we can at least receive some sort of informal message like you said, instead of hearing from an automated message a week from friday.
 
Yeah that is what Dr. Gallagher told me as well but she said within a week. Better than hearing a month but now but still. Rolling Admissions is not fun
 
Hopefully you guys will hear better news than I did. Good luck to you all during this nerve wrecking wait!
 
My interview was on September, but I can't make it so I reserved the interview to OCT 10th. I received an email from Dr. Friel on October 16th. I got in, but I am unsure if I want to go there; tuition is 1,050 per credit. Quite expensive.
 
Just finished my interview, was very relaxed Dr.Friel, said we would hear back early next week if we were accepted/waitlisted. If we dont hear back it means we got denied (she said the admissions deals with denied letters and are usually backlogged). She also mentioned that 20 out of 40ish (max 43) spots were already taken, 5 were accepted but not locked in, and i think 2-4 were accepted from October 10th. Dr. Friel also mentioned they like to keep a large waitlist (30-40 if i remember correctly) just because sometimes mid-march or later people start changing minds and they look to the waitlist to cover that admission spot. Good luck to everyone else interviewing/are on the waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, if you do not mind I would like to ask you a question: are the essay topics on the current issues related to PT or something totally unusual?
Thank you 🙂
They were pretty much off topic. Really random. And specifically, they DONT want to relate it to PT.
 
I'd honestly love to, but I don't recall. I remember them saying that it was just to gauge how you think and your thought processes.
 
hey, mine had something like "Choose a car, a character, color that best describes you." and "What was a time you failed and what did you learn about yourself from that experience." well something like that. It IS really random and definitely not PT-related. They probably just want to get a better sense of your personality🙂 hope that helps!
 
hey, mine had something like "Choose a car, a character, color that best describes you." and "What was a time you failed and what did you learn about yourself from that experience." well something like that. It IS really random and definitely not PT-related. They probably just want to get a better sense of your personality🙂 hope that helps!
Hello, Thank you so much for sharing!!!!! Much Love & Blessings.
 
Don't lose hope! Dr. Friel did say if you are on the waiting list your chances of getting in are pretty good.
 
I received my acceptance package in the mail last weekend! SUUUPER EXCITED! I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs but after touring the campus and meeting the faculty during the interview, I have my mind set on NYIT!

Were you offered a spot as well?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone ,
I have applied to NYIT. PTCAS application was sent on 10/27. Do i still have any chances of receiving an Interview ?

Overall : 3.39
Pre req- 3.2
Graduate school GPA : 3.8
1000+ hours
 
I received my acceptance package in the mail last weekend! SUUUPER EXCITED! I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs but after touring the campus and meeting the faculty during the interview, I have my mind set on NYIT!

Were you offered a spot as well?

Congrats. I received my acceptance package from October interview. I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs as well.
 
Awesome, thanks for the info. I got my acceptance packet yesterday and put down the deposit! I'm excited to be in, but am still waiting to hear from my top choice.
 
I received my acceptance package in the mail last weekend! SUUUPER EXCITED! I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs but after touring the campus and meeting the faculty during the interview, I have my mind set on NYIT!

Were you offered a spot as well?

Congrats! I put down a deposit but still waiting for a few more schools. 🙂