Program-Specific Info / Q's NYIT OT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MazzaOT

Reaction score
A forum for prospective and accepted students for NYIT's Occupational Therapy Program. This program starts May 2019

Members don't see this ad.

A forum for prospective and accepted students for NYIT's Occupational Therapy Program. This program starts May 2019
Are you 100% going to NYIT or are you waiting to hear back from other schools as well? Also did she mention if it was a 4times a week schedule or 5? I forgot!

At this point yes I will be going to NYIT. I am waiting to hear from Touro and Hofstra but since they start later, I'm not sure if they started pulling applications yet. NYIT is my top school as far as location and how well the program is established. They have great affiliations and I know people that have received jobs right after graduation because of it. How about you ?

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point yes I will be going to NYIT. I am waiting to hear from Touro and Hofstra but since they start later, I'm not sure if they started pulling applications yet. NYIT is my top school as far as location and how well the program is established. They have great affiliations and I know people that have received jobs right after graduation because of it. How about you ?

Yes I’m waiting to hear back from the same schools as you and Stony brook which is my number one school, program wise and location wise, but it’s super competitive! So I’m excited to know that I will be possibly going to NYIT :)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are going to put down the deposit right? Yeah at least you know that you have a spot already at NYIT so you do not have to stress about going through the application process all over again ! Did you like everything that you learned about the program at the interview?

You are going to put down the deposit right? Yeah at least you know that you have a spot already at NYIT so you do not have to stress about going through the application process all over again ! Did you like everything that you learned about the program at the interview?

Yes 100% putting down the deposit! Do you know how we go about doing that? I tried online but I got confused. I really loved everything about the program and it was so informative.

What were the interview questions like? I heard they ask a lot of ethical questions.

Yes 100% putting down the deposit! Do you know how we go about doing that? I tried online but I got confused. I really loved everything about the program and it was so informative.

Yes so you have to create your nyit user name and one you do that you can access your student center account. There you can pay the accept your set and pay the non refundable deposit. I did mine this morning and emailed Jessica my receipt!

What were the interview questions like? I heard they ask a lot of ethical questions.

As far as an ethical question, they asked me what would I do if a superior asked me to do something that I was not trained to do. The other questions are pretty straight forward. They asked why do you want to be an OT, why our program etc. You just have to sell yourself!

congratulatons!! I got my acceptance email two days ago. I interviewed on September 26th

congratulatons!! I got my acceptance email two days ago. I interviewed on September 26th

Congratulations future classmate!! So happy for you !

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats !! If you don't mind me asking, how many students were in your interview session? In mine on Sep 24th, there were only 7 of us lol. I am excited to be apart of the NYIT OT fam !!

Congrats !! If you don't mind me asking, how many students were in your interview session? In mine on Sep 24th, there were only 7 of us lol. I am excited to be apart of the NYIT OT fam !!

I am so confused on how to make the payment? I think I am in the correct page, under commerce.cashnet.com?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so confused on how to make the payment? I think I am in the correct page, under commerce.cashnet.com?

Also. This is a very dumb question but theirs no summer 2019 option, which is when we start, there’d only spring or fall 2019?

Also. This is a very dumb question but theirs no summer 2019 option, which is when we start, there’d only spring or fall 2019?

Yes I believe you go to cash net in the student center. You click to apply payment to year 2019/2020. Summer 2019 was not available. I embed everything to Jessica and confirmed that I did everything right !

Thank you!! Me too. I am suppper excited.

There were only 5 of us.

Yea. I noticed that too. So when I paid my deposit, I chose the 2019-2020 term option

Oh wow! Well congrats ! Is Nyit your top school or are u waiting on others

Oh wow! Well congrats ! Is Nyit your top school or are u waiting on others
Thanks. It is my first choice for now.

I am still waiting to hear from Downstate though. It is the only other school I'd consider because of cost.

Thanks. It is my first choice for now.

I am still waiting to hear from Downstate though. It is the only other school I'd consider because of cost.

I hear ya. NYIT is so much money! It’s nice that their application process begins early. I like knowing that I already have a spot so I don’t have to stress and go through this process all over again next year!

Hi guy! I was just wondering how your interview process went? I have one coming up in two weeks. Also worried about this 1,000 deposit and the tuition, but hoping everything works out!

Hi guy! I was just wondering how your interview process went? I have one coming up in two weeks. Also worried about this 1,000 deposit and the tuition, but hoping everything works out!

There were 7 of us in a group. Two faculty memebers spoke to us and gave us an overview of the program with a PowerPoint. They had us write an email to a professor and called us in one by one for your interviews. It was pretty straightforward

Reactions: 1 user
There were 7 of us in a group. Two faculty memebers spoke to us and gave us an overview of the program with a PowerPoint. They had us write an email to a professor and called us in one by one for your interviews. It was pretty straightforward
Awesome! Thanks so much!

I hear ya. NYIT is so much money! It’s nice that their application process begins early. I like knowing that I already have a spot so I don’t have to stress and go through this process all over again next year!

Yea. I am more relaxed as well. At least we are in a program :)

Just be yourself. The interview had standard interview type questions but the interviewers just want to get to know you better. I felt so relaxed when talking to them.

Just be yourself. The interview had standard interview type questions but the interviewers just want to get to know you better. I felt so relaxed when talking to them.
That makes me feel so much better, thank you

Hi All! I was just accepted into the program today! im super excited but also overwhelmed, does anyone have any advise on how to put the deposit down or is anyone going to be looking for housing around there ?

Reactions: 3 users

Hey guys! Not sure if this is a dumb question and i feel like i should know this, but does the program definitely start May 2019 or Fall 2019? It doesn’t show on the website. Thanks!

Hey guys! Not sure if this is a dumb question and i feel like i should know this, but does the program definitely start May 2019 or Fall 2019? It doesn’t show on the website. Thanks!

It starts May 2019! Congratulations also!!

Hi All! I was just accepted into the program today! im super excited but also overwhelmed, does anyone have any advise on how to put the deposit down or is anyone going to be looking for housing around there ?

Congrats on getting accepted !! Do you think you are definitely going to attend or have you applied to other schools? Also through the portal that they had you sign up with you can pay the deposit. You can also email Jessica with any questions. She is really helpful !

Congrats on getting accepted !! Do you think you are definitely going to attend or have you applied to other schools? Also through the portal that they had you sign up with you can pay the deposit. You can also email Jessica with any questions. She is really helpful !

Thanks! and im most likely going to attend here, I put the deposit down. I did apply to other schools but the only thing that would change my decision is if I got into SUNY downstate or another school that had a cheaper tuition

Thanks! and im most likely going to attend here, I put the deposit down. I did apply to other schools but the only thing that would change my decision is if I got into SUNY downstate or another school that had a cheaper tuition

I’m in the same boat, what other schools did you apply too if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m in the same boat, what other schools did you apply too if you don’t mind me asking?

I applied to Suny Downstate, Touro College, Hofstra , Seton Hall , Sacred Heart, Le Moyne and D'Youville. I am super happy I have a spot in a program it is just hard when we won't hear back from other colleges till probably next year

I applied to Suny Downstate, Touro College, Hofstra , Seton Hall , Sacred Heart, Le Moyne and D'Youville. I am super happy I have a spot in a program it is just hard when we won't hear back from other colleges till probably next year

I applied to Hofstra and Touro as well! I know it’s very frustrating, but it is reassuring to know that we do have a spot to start our careers!

Hey guys! I just got accepted today and was looking to see how to pay the deposit, but I cant find it even when I created an account. Can someone send the link or explain how we do that?

Hey guys! I just got accepted today and was looking to see how to pay the deposit, but I cant find it even when I created an account. Can someone send the link or explain how we do that?

Hey ! You have to go to NYIT connect students once you login and the it takes you to your account. You have to accept the offer and then under Finances you select my account and you can pay the deposit. Email Jessica if you still cant find it. She can probably walk you through it a little better.

Congratulations :))

Congratulations :)

Congratulatons

I looked at housing and they seem all expensive. I probably will be applying for housing on campus. I live in New Jersey now

I just got accepted today!! I think I'm definitely going

Hey everyone. When I was on the NYIT Housing website, they provided a link for off campus housing. There are some houses for rent. They are definitely cheaper than renting on campus. I couldn't attach the link to this post.

Hey guys, just wanted to check in, no one has received anything from NYIT regarding classes ??

Hey guys, just wanted to check in, no one has received anything from NYIT regarding classes ??

Registration doesn’t start until March so I assume we won’t probably hear anything until atleast January.

Does anyone plan on starting a facebook group?