NYITCOM-AR VS ARCOM: difficulty? Residency match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turtle2019

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am choosing between NYITCOM-AR and ARCOM.

Match rate: 98% for NYITCOM; 95% for ARCOM. NYIT also has a program with Baptist health that can increase your chance for some residencies.

Does anyone know about residency placements for either place?

Also, does anyone know which school is more difficult? Or are they about the same? In terms of the difficulty of the classes? What about emphasis on OMT?

From my experiences, both seem ok so I wonder which is better?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am choosing between NYITCOM-AR and ARCOM.

Match rate: 98% for NYITCOM; 95% for ARCOM. NYIT also has a program with Baptist health that can increase your chance for some residencies.

Does anyone know about residency placements for either place?

Also, does anyone know which school is more difficult? Or are they about the same? In terms of the difficulty of the classes? What about emphasis on OMT?

From my experiences, both seem ok so I wonder which is better?

Thank you so much!
Keep in mind that the NYIT match rate include the NY campus as well. If you only count the AR campus, it's a lot lower. ARCOM also have residency programs in IM and FM with 3 hospitals now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind that the NYIT match rate include the NY campus as well. If you only count the AR campus, it's a lot lower. ARCOM also have residency programs in IM and FM with 3 hospitals now.

Thank you. Also, do you know if NYIT-AR students can do rotations at NYIT-NY locations? Also, how do residencies familiar with NYIT-NY look upon NYIT-AR students? Thank you again.

Thank you. Also, do you know if NYIT-AR students can do rotations at NYIT-NY locations? Also, how do residencies familiar with NYIT-NY look upon NYIT-AR students? Thank you again.
Our match rate here in NYIT-Ar was last reported 95%. For 4th year you can do rotations wherever you basically want. for 3rd year you are in the regional hubs we have, which include jonesboro, Memphis, north east Arkansas/Fayetteville , central Arkansas/little rock, Shreveport Louisiana and some other smaller ones. You serve your 3rd year in these locations rotating through your core rotations and are free to setup stuff in other locations for 4th year. I know if you wanted something in NY where our other campus is, you can get in touch with our NY faculty members and see if they can get you in.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, realized I didn't answer your other questions either. From what we have heard and seen, NY residencies that are familiar with NYITCOM look upon us favorably in a similar light, but obviously with some discretion. One of the biggest benefits we get is the NYITCOM name is pretty big across the board and has its advantages in the sense of connections across the US, especially on the Eastern parts of America.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you everyone. Attending nyit. We have something known as "Graduate Physicians" for those who fail to match, and we have a few of them.