NYITCOM-JB OR WCUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icedoutbihhx

Reaction score
need to decide and put a deposit down, please offer insight

NYITCOM-JB
pros
  1. affiliated with NYITCOM-NY more established school
  2. early clinical exposure
  3. school does a great job marketing itself with RSOs and student activities on social media
  4. P/F
  5. some research stuff, faculty and physicans are hevaily involved with the students.
cons
  1. 20K more than WCU
  2. rural vibes, memphis is an hour away
WCUCOM
pros
  1. also P/F
  2. get to move around Mississippi or NOLA for rotations. Can also go to NYC
  3. have more breaks for compared to NYITCOM-JB
  4. hattiesburg is cute weather is nicer, Nola is 2 hrs away.
Cons
  1. not as established as NYITCOM; (idk if they they are technologically behind but not as active in advertising RSOs and other oppurtunities. They are the only school that made me email them a word doc for a secondary?)
  2. dedicated period is shorter for STEP= finish end of may. I do plan to study ahead tho
  3. have to find own research stuff
I WANT TO TO INTERNAL MEDICINE AND MATCH BACK INTO THE MIDWEST. I AM NOT AIMING FOR A COMPETITIVE SPECIALTY

Members don't see this ad.

WCU, especially since it is cheaper.

NYIT AR being a branch campus does not get much benefit from the main campus. They are separate locations and the state of Arkansas is getting at least 1 additional medical school. I would not be surprised if this impacts the resources and faculty at the school when that occurs.

Reactions: 1 user
WCU, especially since it is cheaper.

NYIT AR being a branch campus does not get much benefit from the main campus. They are separate locations and the state of Arkansas is getting at least 1 additional medical school. I would not be surprised if this impacts the resources and faculty at the school when that occurs.
i went w NYITCOM. multiple WCU students have reached out about many concerns with instability of 3rd year rotations, 100% Match AFTER 11-13 people SOAPing this year, loosing spots for sites and high attrition --> students messaged me this so idk how valid it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i went w NYITCOM. multiple WCU students have reached out about many concerns with instability of 3rd year rotations, 100% Match AFTER 11-13 people SOAPing this year, loosing spots for sites and high attrition --> students messaged me this so idk how valid it is.

Let us know your experience. There were similar concerns with NYIT-AR that were posted by students this year regarding attrition or remediation, but that is the first time that was said about this school. It does seem to be in a better situation than ARCOM.

i asked faculty and admin directly about this and it is false that sites were “lost.” the school chose to not renew some sites because they weren’t quality. some students have also been dismissed from sites because of lack of professionalism/integrity, so if they have to “search for core sites 3rd year,” that’s on them. no one is having to “search for core rotations.” but hey i’m a “first year” who talked to many faculty and admin and 3rd and 4th years, but if you want to believe an anon in sliding into your DM’s… cool! that’s up to you!

ultimately, WCUCOM is going to give you every chance to become a high quality physician, while dealing with some of the same stereotypes and concerns that every other DO school deals with, frankly because they’re often admitting lower MCAT scorers who may not understand the academic changes they need to make during medical school.

no one is going to hand you your medical education on a silver platter, and unfortunately my opinion is the folks sliding into DM’s would have preferred to attend a school that does that. i don’t believe that school exists, but good luck to them in finding it! :)

Reactions: 1 users
i asked faculty and admin directly about this and it is false that sites were “lost.” the school chose to not renew some sites because they weren’t quality. some students have also been dismissed from sites because of lack of professionalism/integrity, so if they have to “search for core sites 3rd year,” that’s on them. no one is having to “search for core rotations.” but hey i’m a “first year” who talked to many faculty and admin and 3rd and 4th years, but if you want to believe an anon in sliding into your DM’s… cool! that’s up to you!

ultimately, WCUCOM is going to give you every chance to become a high quality physician, while dealing with some of the same stereotypes and concerns that every other DO school deals with, frankly because they’re often admitting lower MCAT scorers who may not understand the academic changes they need to make during medical school.

no one is going to hand you your medical education on a silver platter, and unfortunately my opinion is the folks sliding into DM’s would have preferred to attend a school that does that. i don’t believe that school exists, but good luck to them in finding it! :)
hey I tried to message you but i cant on here. Do you think you can reach out to me via PM? I brought this up because I have screenshots sent by 3 different users plus a close friend who attend. All of them are upperclassmen and have stated that 1st years dont know the extent of the reality but I wanted to get ur input. Once again im not hating on the school but hearing these things multiple times was alarming I would love to chat with you and want ur clarity.

Last edited: