NYMC AMP 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mambamed824

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Didn't see this thread on here so just thought I'd make a new one! I was recently accepted into NYMC's AMP program, and was wondering if there was anyone else in the same boat? Also if any AMP alum or current students on SDN have any experiences that they would like to share about the program? I'd love some more insight! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Do you think you'll be attending the program? I've also applied for this fall, waiting to hear back.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Do you think you'll be attending the program? I've also applied for this fall, waiting to hear back.
Thank you! I'm still waiting to hear back from Temple ACMS but if I don't get in there then I'll be attending here! ◡̈

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the interview? Mine is coming up next week.
It was honestly very interesting! they were definitely nice and conversational, but they aren't afraid to ask the tough questions about why your application falls just short of matriculating into medical school this fall. Overall, I felt it was more a stress interview than anything (again, im just n=1 so take with a grain of salt) so be ready to talk about your application and how you intend to succeed in their program!

Hi! I was accepted to the AMP and will be attending in the fall. Did you end up committing to the program? Literally trying to find one other person in the same boat as me lol

Hi! I was accepted to the AMP and will be attending in the fall. Did you end up committing to the program? Literally trying to find one other person in the same boat as me lol
Hey there! I was accepted too and paid the deposit, but I will be withdrawing soon since I also got accepted into Temple's ACMS program! ◡̈

Hey all, I was an AMP student and will be matriculating into medical school this Fall

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask here and I'll try to answer

I was in your shoes 2 years ago and felt lost so hopefully I can provide some direction if needed

Good luck!
When did you receive acceptance to the program?

Hi all, I have been accepted into the program and will be attending in Fall 2021 :) Does anyone know if there is an accepted students chat? or is it too early for one?

Reactions: 1 users
When did you receive acceptance to the program?
Sorry been away from the computer this last week

I believe it was a week turn around after I interviewed in mid May and I was accepted in late May

Just to clarify this was for the Accelerated Master’s Program in 2019

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

I did not see a new thread for the AMP 2022-2023 program. I was wondering if there is a FB page or any other way to get in contact with other accepted students?

Hey, I know this thread is old. Just wondering if anyone was accepted into the AMP off the waitlist.

Hey, I know this thread is old. Just wondering if anyone was accepted into the AMP off the waitlist.
Hey! Accepted a week ago to the program. Still waiting for another school to decide but as of now I think I will be attending NYMC AMP. So if anyone also has any advice. A big proponent of this program is the conditional acceptance they offer now.

Hey! Accepted a week ago to the program. Still waiting for another school to decide but as of now I think I will be attending NYMC AMP. So if anyone also has any advice. A big proponent of this program is the conditional acceptance they offer now.
Hi! Any feedback on interview process? what type of questions etc.? When did you interview and how long it took for acceptance?

If you are referring to stats that I applied with?

If so, I just got an acceptance and applied with a cGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.61 and MCAT score of 508
Any feedback on your interview? questions etc.? How long was the interview etc.

Any feedback on your interview? questions etc.? How long was the interview etc.
They asked me questions about my AMCAS application/CV and the experiences I have had. They also asked my about my MCAT and why I took it twice. They so ask to hear more about low grades or low individual MCAT scores and elaborate more and how you have changed or improved since then. Overall, its relaxed, they really want to make sure that if there are any low metrics, what have you done to make sure you will succeed in the program but also want to learn about your goals and future plans. Mine went on for about 30-45 mins.

They asked me questions about my AMCAS application/CV and the experiences I have had. They also asked my about my MCAT and why I took it twice. They so ask to hear more about low grades or low individual MCAT scores and elaborate more and how you have changed or improved since then. Overall, its relaxed, they really want to make sure that if there are any low metrics, what have you done to make sure you will succeed in the program but also want to learn about your goals and future plans. Mine went on for about 30-45 mins.

Thanks! Very helpful. I got accepted yesterday as well and will be attending this fall.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anybody else still interviewing/going to attend in the fall? I accepted a while back

Just got accepted into AMP program, anyone has talked to someone who has gone thru or going thru the program. Would love to hear your thoughts on the conditional acceptance value. I am also accepted to instate SMP program but without conditional acceptance, so try to figure out.