NYMC DPT Class of 2017

Started by SPTCSCS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SPTCSCS

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all!

I was recently accepted into NYMC's DPT Class of 2017 and wondering if anyone else was going to be a future classmate of mine for next summer!
 
Hello all!

I was recently accepted into NYMC's DPT Class of 2017 and wondering if anyone else was going to be a future classmate of mine for next summer!
When did you have your interview? I had mine several weeks back, but I haven't heard back from them, which is making me fear the worst
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In late October!
Ah same here. And you just recently heard from them? There's a very good chance that if I do end up getting accepted, I'll be attending NYMC, I really liked the school and it's one of my top programs
 
I got a letter in the mail on Saturday. It was my top choice as I loved the emphasis on public health paired with physical therapy. Good luck! The waiting process is awful!
 
I applied to NYMC like around November and I received an email today, stating that a letter was published regarding my application for the 2014 cycle and it would be sent to me! I havent received anything about an interview? And I assumed interviews were given.. is this bad or good?
 
Has anyone received a recent interview invite? I applied to this school pretty late so I'm curious if they are still holding interviews.
 
Has anyone received a recent interview invite? I applied to this school pretty late so I'm curious if they are still holding interviews.

I am in a odd situation with NYMC. I interviewed in mid-January and got an acceptance letter about a week later. I wanted to wait a little longer for other programs to get back to me. After a month, I decided to call the admissions office to inquire how many spots were left. Instead of a number, I was given a time frame. I was told to aim to make a decision by the first week of March, giving me about 3-4 weeks. I decided to attend here since this was the only program I got into. However, I received a phone call that the incoming class was full, a week and a half before the time frame I was told. I was told to send my deposit in, which I did, to be added to a waitlist. I am high on the waitlist, but I do not like how I am now hoping someone will drop out in order for me to have a solidified spot in the class especially since I was told by an admissions director the information I based my actions off of. This is extremely frustrating.