NYMC interview date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NKMgrad student

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has received an NYMC interview offer in the the last few weeks and wht dates were offered to u.. I received mine last week and the earliest date i got was the first week of jan... i was wondering if this is quite late..
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not sure but i think you are in the second wave. all the people who interview up to end of November will get decisions in the beginning of december. you're probably in the next group. so, it's not "late" it's just second.

do others agree?

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has received an NYMC interview offer in the the last few weeks and wht dates were offered to u.. I received mine last week and the earliest date i got was the first week of jan... i was wondering if this is quite late..
thanks

I didnt get my invite recently but when i did back in august the earliest interview date i could pick was in October... so Nov to Jan sounds about right to me

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm not sure but i think you are in the second wave. all the people who interview up to end of November will get decisions in the beginning of december. you're probably in the next group. so, it's not "late" it's just second.

do others agree?

Do you know when to expect to hear? I just interviewed there last week, will I actually hear before Christmas?? It would be great if I could hear in 4 weeks instead of the 8-10. Any info?

i don't know when the cutoff date is beyond which you go into the january pool, but i bet you are in this pool. last year they sent out results on about December 5.

I just got an interview and the earliest I got was the first week in January too!

i don't know when the cutoff date is beyond which you go into the january pool, but i bet you are in this pool. last year they sent out results on about December 5.

'January pool'. Does this mean that they send out acceptances only once a month, or is it a rolling situation, ie send once a week or something? I am planning on waiting the full two months, but if I hear earlier I'll consider myself lucky.

'January pool'. Does this mean that they send out acceptances only once a month, or is it a rolling situation, ie send once a week or something? I am planning on waiting the full two months, but if I hear earlier I'll consider myself lucky.

i just meant by january pool that would be the group after the december. i'm really not sure but i think they have two groupings: 1. everyone upt to dec and 2. everyone from dec to march.

i have no reason to think they have a monthly thing.

but i may be wrong. anyone????

hey... glad to FINALLY join an interview thread without bitching or sulking :laugh::laugh::laugh:

anyways, i got my interview invite on 07NOV and the earliest date i got was 02JAN, so i guess we're all second wave (or whatever the hell everyone else is referring to it as).

anyways (thread hijack upcoming...)...

what are you guys doing about accommodations? is it possible to stay there the night before (new year's for me)? is there any way to find out (other than calling them)?

I forget but if you search the NYMC threads..someone talks about some hotel thats really close to NYMC. But I don't remember the name. My interview is in Jan and I like an hr and a half away..but Ill probably stay over the night before just because theres ridiculous traffic going that way in the mornings.

i just meant by january pool that would be the group after the december. i'm really not sure but i think they have two groupings: 1. everyone upt to dec and 2. everyone from dec to march.

i have no reason to think they have a monthly thing.

but i may be wrong. anyone????

i am wrong. i was thinking of BU on this 2 step process.

You may be wrong, but if you are, you probably aren't too far off....I mean, I interviewed there the first week of october and won't hear anything until december, so this split group idea does seem to make some sense

Just curious. Did you get your interview invite today? When were you complete and what are your stats. I keep hoping to hear something but nothing so far. Thanks.

You may be wrong, but if you are, you probably aren't too far off....I mean, I interviewed there the first week of october and won't hear anything until december, so this split group idea does seem to make some sense

Well, the first day they give ANY acceptances is the first of December. When I was there, Dr Sullivan explained that they look at your file multiple times before making a decision about acceptance, thats why their process takes longer to hear back. They say expect to wait 8-10 weeks for a decision once you interview, but I didnt know if interviewing before they send out any decisions (ie in Oct or beginning of Nov) would warrant you a decision when they start to hand them out. I know they update your status page with an acceptance notification, and they let you know to expect something in the mail once they have reached a decision if they are waitlisting you or rejecting you.

I also asked this in a separate thread, but does anyone have any idea about waitlists and waitlist movement for NYMC? Are a decent number of people accepted or put on the waitlist? Do a good number of waitlisted people get in? I asked my student guide, and she said a few of her friends were waitlist kids, but she didnt know enough to give any kind of estimate.