NYMC Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mccarey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light as to how their interview at NYMC went? What were the types of questions they asked? Any ethical questions? Research questions?

Thanks !! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Mccarey
Can anyone shed any light as to how their interview at NYMC went? What were the types of questions they asked? Any ethical questions? Research questions?

Thanks !! :)

It's a closed-file interview (only your personal statement will be available). Expect questions on it, memorize it, expect to back up any statements/claims in it. Also, expect ethical/social questions - nothing too complicated.

Of course it depends on what professor you get, but the general consensus on my day (and from others I know that interviewed there) are that they are quite laid back and more conversational than the typical "Q & A" session. There's probably plenty of info on this in the med school interview info section, if you haven't already checked it out.

Also, it's closed file, which means they don't see any of your numbers. When I interviewed, she just saw the courses I took, without the grades and my AMCAS personal statement, which I handed to her directly before my interview. She preferred to read that after my interview.

The NYMC interview is not one to worry about - I enjoyed my visit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, thanks for all the good advice everyone! You guys are awesome. I'm from Canada and this is my first time interviewing in the US so I'm a bit jittery. I wonder if they will treat me differently (ie ask me different questions) because I'm Canadian...
Hmm...

Originally posted by Mccarey
Wow, thanks for all the good advice everyone! You guys are awesome. I'm from Canada and this is my first time interviewing in the US so I'm a bit jittery. I wonder if they will treat me differently (ie ask me different questions) because I'm Canadian...
Hmm...

Contrary to popular belief, Candians are the same species as Americans.

Just relax, read interview feedback, and be confident. They are fantastic people there who just want to get an idea of the person behind the paper.