Nymc Just Emailed Me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAverageJoe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear DrAverageJoe,

Your application was completed on x/x/2006 and is currently under review. Your application will be reviewed periodically
throughout our interview season which spans from October through April. You can hear from us at any time. If you are invited for an interview,
you will receive an email from us and your application status on line will indicate that an invitation to interview has been sent. From that same
application status page, if you are invited to interview, you will be able to schedule an available date.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

NYMC Admissions

So Weird! I interviewed in September.

Members don't see this ad.

WTH same email, I interviewed on 9-25????

Dear DrAverageJoe,

Your application was completed on x/x/2006 and is currently under review. Your application will be reviewed periodically
throughout our interview season which spans from October through April. You can hear from us at any time. If you are invited for an interview,
you will receive an email from us and your application status on line will indicate that an invitation to interview has been sent. From that same
application status page, if you are invited to interview, you will be able to schedule an available date.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

NYMC Admissions

WTF? I interviewed in September.

Ditto. I have no idea what they're telling us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great update... exactly what the status page has been saying for the last 4 months.

My online status has had the same message for the last four months (I was complete on 8/2). It took them four months to send me an automated message??

I got the same e-mail.... and I interviewed a month ago.
I'm guessing it's just a form letter sent out to everyone to quell their worries

I'm scared to call. Don't know what to say.....:(When I first read this, i thought Waitlist.

Relax. I just got the email right now, and I never interviewed. I think they're probably sending it out to everyone who applied, that's just my guess

im guessing the same thing.. probably just a mistake, and yes im scared as well to call the adcom office since its my first choice and i dont want to piss them off

I didnt get one. I have been complete since 10/31
myonline status just says under review

I just called because I already have an interview scheduled- the woman said not to worry, they sent that to everyone

got email too, WTH does it mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got this e-mail also and came on here to post about it. I guess it really doesn't mean anything if everybody got it. I became excited when I saw that I had an e-mail from them...I thought that maybe it was an interview invite. Very sad.

I just got it too and I haven't received an invite. Seemed kind of random...

I got the email too, and I withdrew my application over a month ago!!

lol

Guys it means that everyone who has a complete file is on a mailing list. They sent out an email to everyone on that mailing list reminding people that they are still reviewing applications - probably to minimize the number of - "are you done with my file yet" calls.

It means nothing, other than that they are too lazy to remove already interviewed people from the mailing list.

Sorry.

Interviewed this past wed. and got the same e-mail. :luck: :luck: DrVN and Robizzle. Maybe they're getting ready to send your the acceptance e-mails!!

Interviewed this past wed. and got the same e-mail. :luck: :luck: DrVN and Robizzle. Maybe they're getting ready to send our the acceptance e-mails!!

Hey, I was just about to PM you. I am so exhausted, so I probably will PM you later when Im fully functional. I really am hoping for some good news from NYMC. I loved the place.

Hey, I was just about to PM you. I am so exhausted, so I probably will PM you later when Im fully functional. I really am hoping for some good news from NYMC. I loved the place.

oops-meant to say "your" acceptance e-mails. I won't hear anything til Feb.. No worries about the PM-get some rest :sleep: Did you not sleep last night??

lol nymc is messed up..............................................

they sent me that same thing except that i already GOT an interview invite.
IN FACT, I TURNED IT DOWN and withdrew my application.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

now they're telling me they're going to consider me again?!

I just got one too. My conclusion is that it means dick.

hey I got this email too and I have an interview scheduled for NEXT week. HA. and I got an email confirming that interview two days ago.

They obviously accidentally sent out an email to nearly everyone who applied to NYMC. I got an email too, and I have an interview scheduled for late January. I wouldn't sweat it, I"m sure it doesn't mean anything.

lol 90 minutes after I received this e-mail, they sent me an acceptance e-mail.

lol 90 minutes after I received this e-mail, they sent me an acceptance e-mail.

congrates on the acceptance.

oh ya boys, I got this email too. I hate NYMC school with passion now. They toyed with my emotions for too long. I am gonna call them to withdraw my application!

Oh no, I interviewed on 9-25 also....looks like another rejection coming my way :(

Don't get so discouraged so quickly - there are a million ways they could be doing the emails they sent out. If they have piles of acceptances from the past 3 months they could be doing it alphabetically, in order of how bad they want an applicant, or in chronological order.

Don't stress yet!

I was just accepted as well. I interviewed 9/25.

Grats DrAJ! I was ther eon 9/25 also so I am really scared. Did you just get the acceptance email?

I JUST GOT INTO NYMC TOOoO!OoOO!!!! NYMC C/O 2011 IM GONNA BE A DOCTORRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

I JUST GOT INTO NYMC TOOoO!OoOO!!!! NYMC C/O 2011 IM GONNA BE A DOCTORRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

congrats. i have been reading your posts and drvannostran for quite a while (since i first found out about SDN in april)....i hope both of you get in...

again congrats

congrats to all the acceptances :)

Hope they weren't "mistakenly" sent out like the other random email this morning. lol.

OMG! Congrats! You'll be bouncing off the walls all day - I know I was when I got my first acceptance!

Do something fun to celebrate! If you're in California I recommend BJs brewery for beers and pizookies!

May I ask when you interviewed?

Thank you all so much. I definitely wouldn't have been able to keep my insanity if it weren't for all of you keeping me in check throughout this process!!! <3 you all.

And the acceptance sure better not be false because if it is i'll probably get a heart attack and sue them!!!

DrVN, I still have faith in you bro. You never know how this process works for them, keep your head up -- it's still the FIRST DAY! I really hope something great is coming your way so we can be fellow classmates and eventually fellow doctors!!!

Rob,

I am so proud of you. Congratulations--YOU ARE GOING TO BE AN AMAZING DOCTOR!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

:D :love: ,

~MINIJOY

i got in toooooooo!!!!!!! congrats to all who got in, and good luck to those waiting!!! still very early, and seeing as we all got complete emails earlier, i'm sure they're coming!

Rob,

I am so proud of you. Congratulations--YOU ARE GOING TO BE AN AMAZING DOCTOR!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

:D :love: ,

~MINIJOY

Congrats, Rob

thank you both so much! and congrats to u 2 avgjoe!!!

i got in toooooooo!!!!!!! congrats to all who got in, and good luck to those waiting!!! still very early, and seeing as we all got complete emails earlier, i'm sure they're coming!

Grats CP!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is awesome news!

Would those of you who were accepted be willing to e-mail me your stats and how you thought your interview went? Thanks and Congrats :D

any 10/3 interviewers hear anything? It seems everyone whoe got the acceptance email was interviewed 9/25.

I hate this waiting game. I wonder if I call them they can tell me my status..?

would anyone mind posting the time of the acceptance emails?

thanks!