Nymc Just Emailed Me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes and yes.

A train ticket will cost between 12-16-ish RT (depends on peak or off-peak times for each leg). That's pretty decent for the distance.

Once you get off the train, you'll definitely want to take a cab; the bus will take forever. Might as well splurge on the 10 or so the cab costs.

Absolutely right. Have yet to hear back from NYMC, but am in NYC at least once or twice a month. Metro-North is the only way to go, and fly in to JFK if you want to take the subway in (about $8.00 total). Otherwise, cab ride will be around $30 from LGA, $45+ from JFK.

Members don't see this ad.

I liked the creighton campus much more personally. NYMC kinda seemed dead. The rec. areas at Creighton were also much nicer/bigger.

I liked the creighton campus much more personally. NYMC kinda seemed dead. The rec. areas at Creighton were also much nicer/bigger.

Creighton's "rec area" is Omaha; NYMC is Manhattan :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Creighton's "rec area" is Omaha; NYMC is Manhattan :laugh:

You are definitely right. NYMC does have a vast advantage in location, just not in student facilities.

I was emailed last friday (March 1st) for an interview! It isn't until April 11th, but still, I'm excited! I'm going to be a little out of my element being that I'm a Minnesota boy. I'll have to keep a check on my long "o"s (boat, don't ya know, eh?, etc) I've emailed somebody form the host student program, but if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it. I've never really been out there. It looked like White Plains would be the best place to fly into. Any suggestions?

Nice! I'm a MN guy too, going out there on the 9th.

Another option to get from the airport to Grand Central, besides taking a cab or the subway, is the New York Airport Service bus. It cost me about $14 each way, and drops you off a block from the station. They're not the nicest buses, and you may have to wait half an hour or so for them to pick you up, but it's a great deal and you don't have to worry about hauling your luggage with you on the subway.

On a separate note: 40 minutes outside of NYC>>Omaha any day.

Anyone get any news this week and if so when did u interview

I interviewed 12/5 and got a waitlist that was dated March 1.

Accepted to NYMC via email on 03/12 interviewed 12/13.

Anyone who interviewed later than the 13th get anything???

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 12/12 (13 weeks ago today) and am still waiting for a response... does NYMC accept status inquiry phone calls/e-mails?

The website said not to email [email protected] so i didn't and then i called (914) 594-4507 and i didn't know which option (1-8) to choose so i just gave up (don't want to upset anyone in the admissions office, read too many posts on how that can be detrimental to your application process)

Any advice is welcome...

btw am i right be a bit anxious after 13 weeks?

I interviewed on 12/12 (13 weeks ago today) and am still waiting for a response... does NYMC accept status inquiry phone calls/e-mails?

The website said not to email [email protected] so i didn't and then i called (914) 594-4507 and i didn't know which option (1-8) to choose so i just gave up (don't want to upset anyone in the admissions office, read too many posts on how that can be detrimental to your application process)

Any advice is welcome...

btw am i right be a bit anxious after 13 weeks?

Honestly, I waited a while, 14 weeks I think...for a snail mail waitlist. If you want to talk to admissions, press 0 when you call...that gets you a person. All they will tell you though is if no decision has been made, or something has been sent via snail mail. Sadly, snail mail means waitlist or rejection. Good luck!:luck:

Honestly, I waited a while, 14 weeks I think...for a snail mail waitlist. If you want to talk to admissions, press 0 when you call...that gets you a person. All they will tell you though is if no decision has been made, or something has been sent via snail mail. Sadly, snail mail means waitlist or rejection. Good luck!:luck:

So NYMC does have a waitlist? I just called and something has been sent via snail mail, which is of course a waitlist or rejection, I'm hoping for the former... +pity+

hey everyone,

i interviewed on 1/3 and just got the e-mail today (so I guess that's like 10 weeks)! best of luck to everyone!

hey everyone,

i interviewed on 1/3 and just got the e-mail today (so I guess that's like 10 weeks)! best of luck to everyone!

Wow, that's amazing. I interviewed on the 17th, so maybe people who interviewed at around my time will hear soon.

I just got an email on 3/16 for an interview invite my earliest available interview was on 5/2. Is there even a point??

got the acceptance email today, interviewed 1/8, good luck to everyone still waiting.

I just got an email on 3/16 for an interview invite my earliest available interview was on 5/2. Is there even a point??

There's a point if you have no acceptances or if you have another acceptance and you would rather take NYMC over it. Even if they waitlist you, their waitlist moves so I wouldn't worry about that.

I got jot an acceptance from NYMC. I interviewed on 1/10. Do I have to email them that I accept if I want to just hold it until I hear from my other schools or do I wait for the package in the mail?

i think you're supposed to reply to the email and also sign/send in the terms & conditions of accepting the acceptance that you'll recieve in the mail

I got jot an acceptance from NYMC. I interviewed on 1/10. Do I have to email them that I accept if I want to just hold it until I hear from my other schools or do I wait for the package in the mail?

E-mail them right away tell them you accept, and wait for the package in the mail and send that in too. You don't even have to send the check in until May 1th. You can then withdraw later on.

Has anyone gotten a log in yet to do financial aid? I think on the website it says admissions will e-mail you? I checked my initial letter, and then my deposit acknowledge that said late spring. Anyone got that? I want to make sure I haven't missed it.

Is anyone waiting to hear from NYMC today? I know last week they heard on a monday...has anyone already heard anything today?

Is anyone waiting to hear from NYMC today? I know last week they heard on a monday...has anyone already heard anything today?

yes i am, star.

It sucks, i don't think they're giving responses today.

Do you think they are going to send out responses this week? For those who got acceptances..did your status page change right away or did it take a while? Thanks.

I just got an email invite this morning and my status page is already updated.

Does NYMC reject post-interview? it seems like 99% get waitlisted....

They do, and they imply they tend to reject more post-interview than other schools, although I have absolutely no statistics with which to prove the latter. If you browse through this and other NYMC threads, you'll notice a few people admitting to it. The problem is that on a forum like this, most people only advertise their acceptances.

Got the acceptance email today at 8:59 am.

They are nearing the end of January. I received my acceptance today and I interviewed on January 22. Best of luck to everyone!