NYMC Mid April Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spazzy117

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

You're going to have to wait a bit longer, they haven't even started dealing with March interviews, at least according to other posts. :(

oh i see. but they stated explicitly that we will definitly hear back by May 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
There will be a lot of withdrawals around May 10-20, so call the school around May 20.

Do they email you or just post on their status page if you are accepted? I know that they do it electronically and through snail mail if you are accepted. If you are waitlisted and rejected, they send you a snail mail only. It is almost May 15th. Are they really going to decide on May 15th on these of us who interviewed less than 1 month ago?

Do they email you or just post on their status page if you are accepted? I know that they do it electronically and through snail mail if you are accepted. If you are waitlisted and rejected, they send you a snail mail only. It is almost May 15th. Are they really going to decide on May 15th on these of us who interviewed less than 1 month ago?

They send you e-mail if you are accepted, followed by snail mail in a week. If they reject or waitlist you, then only snail mail. The reason they try to let as many people know of their acceptance by May 15 is that these people will not go to other schools (assuming they have acceptances elsewhere).

Hang in there. Keep sending NYMC updated emails to let them know you want to go there.

Who did you guys send the update emails/letters to? I just have my letters addressed to the dean of admissions, but not sure if they really receive them.

Who did you guys send the update emails/letters to? I just have my letters addressed to the dean of admissions, but not sure if they really receive them.

If you direct the email and snail mail to the dean of Admissions, he will get them eventually. Keep them short and concise.

I am hoping that NYMC will EMAIL me some love today

yo spazzy i left my phone at home today so email me if you hear back

I called and asked if we could expect status change soon emails if we interviewed in April..she said we would have to wait at least 8 weeks, at least. She used the words "at least" twice so I am assuming we have to wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea me too. I just called too, and I was told the same thing. This is so strange, and the person who welcomed us at our interviews told us affirmatively that we will hear back by May 15th.

I don't feel so well.....i think that i am getting sick...

I'm so glad there's a thread for the mid-April interviewees. Dr. Sullivan, who I think is the assistant dean of admissions, was the one who told us that we would definitely find out on May 15th. I don't know what's up with the secretary, but I'm still hoping that they've reviewed all of our applications, but they're waiting until tomorrow to release the e-mails. :confused:

No one from the march interview thread has heard a response yet. April people may have to wait a little longer.

I interviewed April 23rd and just received an acceptance e-mail this morning! I have no idea how they already got to my application, but I am nonetheless thrilled. Good luck to everyone! :D

Does anyone know how applications are reviewed? If someone at the end of April already received an acceptance, what does it mean for the rest of us? It's bizarre because I called the admissions ofice and they said it was still too early for april decisions. :confused:

Hmm....I also called today and was told they're still reviewing March applications and that I would hear in about two weeks.

I interviewed in late march and have been reading the march thread, so if you haven't read it by now, it looks like a lot of people got accepted today and they basically accepted people in chunks (this being the late spring chunk). So I'm assuming if we haven't heard anything by tomorrow its either wait list or rejection for the rest of us. I'm so bummed right now because NYMC was my first choice!!:(

doctor dork, did you send a letter of interest/ intent like Ortho Doc said?
maybe, these people did - and a sincere one at that - and it made the difference?

Interviewed April 5th and got in today via email...Good luck to everyone still waiting!!:luck:

Hey, I also got accepted today but I am withdrawing.

doctor dork, did you send a letter of interest/ intent like Ortho Doc said?
maybe, these people did - and a sincere one at that - and it made the difference?

Yup I did send a LOI a few weeks ago stating what I liked so much about the school as well as what I was up to currently. I even had my PI email the dean of admissions and another MD in my lab said he would email too, and still nothing. I'm not sure what else I can do make them see that I really really want to go to their school. Any thoughts?

Hey all... I interviewed on 4/2 and got an acceptance a few hours ago.... yeah for finally hearing something :biglove:

ps I did send a thank you letter right after the interview and then a letter of interest about a week ago, along with a recommendation letter from the center director of the clinic I work at... I think it helped that two of the MDs at my clinic are alums from NYMC.... anyways...

so excited!!!