You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NYMC Post-Interview Notification???
Started by neurochic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just returned to my Hotel room after my DO interview, checked my email and saw an email from NYMC stating I have been accepted. I'm so happy. The wait is finally over. I'm going to be an MD.
I interviewed on Nov 13.
Likewise. Accepted today. Congrats 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted today too! Congrat everyone!
Congrats to those who have been accepted!!!
When did you interview?
When did you interview?
Congrats to who were accepted. I have a question. Did the decision change on your status page? I interviewed on nov. 28 but my status is still the same?!?!
My status page hasn't changed, but I was emailed early this morning. Keep in mind that I interviewed on November 20th. Good luck to everyone!
acceptance email today here too!
i interviewed 11/13 or 11/28 i cant remember
all i know is...i was an hour late to my interview! so i cant believe i actually got in! 😱
i interviewed 11/13 or 11/28 i cant remember
all i know is...i was an hour late to my interview! so i cant believe i actually got in! 😱
I interviewed Nov. 19 and no email. I'm so disappointed it's unbelievable. NYMC was my only interview so far (it's pretty late so i don't know if i'll get anymore) and nothing in the email today. 😳
I heard before that they meet on Wednesdays. I interviewed 11/26 and no word yet...
does anyone know if they sent out emails in the following days? I interviewed around November 13 and I thought the interview went well and I even recently updated them with a publication in early January. I really want to go to NYMC and I'm bummed that I didn't get an email. Is this it?
Congrats to those who were accepted!!
did you guy's send update letters or letters of interest?
I didn't send any of these. Not to say that they are a bad idea or anything.
does anyone know if they sent out emails in the following days? I interviewed around November 13 and I thought the interview went well and I even recently updated them with a publication in early January. I really want to go to NYMC and I'm bummed that I didn't get an email. Is this it?
Trust me as much as I hope that were the case, from previous situations they only send out one batch of acceptances and that's it.
Of course i would love to wake up tomorrow and see an Acceptance email from NYMC. But i think there is a better chance of me winning the lottery even though I don't play.😡
I'm as upset as u are. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trust me as much as I hope that were the case, from previous situations they only send out one batch of acceptances and that's it.
Of course i would love to wake up tomorrow and see an Acceptance email from NYMC. But i think there is a better chance of me winning the lottery even though I don't play.😡
I'm as upset as u are. 🙁
Don't give up until it's over...you may well get a waitlist notification in the mail. NYMC gets quite a bit of waitlist movement, so it just might take a bit later to get your acceptance! And this is coming from a girl who just got her rejection letter post-interview about a week ago...hold onto hope as long as you can! It may very well just work out.

Don't give up until it's over...you may well get a waitlist notification in the mail. NYMC gets quite a bit of waitlist movement, so it just might take a bit later to get your acceptance! And this is coming from a girl who just got her rejection letter post-interview about a week ago...hold onto hope as long as you can! It may very well just work out.![]()
Thanks.
I certainly hope I at least get waitlisted.
Don't give up until it's over... It may very well just work out.![]()
scowdeva, you have amazing strength of character. that is all. 👍
Bump...any other mail received?
Has anyone who interviewed in December heard yet?
got an acceptance yesterday via e-mail. interviewed on 9/24. i've only had 2 interviews thus far & the other school waitlisted me - so i feel like a giant water buffalo has been lifted off of my back. don't let your faith waiver guys. if a ******* like me can get in, then there's hope for you guys.
got an acceptance yesterday via e-mail. interviewed on 9/24. i've only had 2 interviews thus far & the other school waitlisted me - so i feel like a giant water buffalo has been lifted off of my back. don't let your faith waiver guys. if a ******* like me can get in, then there's hope for you guys.
NYCH i PM'ed you but you say you interviewed 9/24? So it took them 3 months to get your decision. This gives me hope b/c i interviewed on Nov. 19 and didn't get a email yesterday. Any other input from other people would be appreciated.
NYCH i PM'ed you but you say you interviewed 9/24? So it took them 3 months to get your decision. This gives me hope b/c i interviewed on Nov. 19 and didn't get a email yesterday. Any other input from other people would be appreciated.
they said they would take 8-12 weeks for a decision - according to my calculations, mid-decemberish. but instead i got an e-mail in early december asking for my fall 2007 grades. i sent in the grades about 2-3 weeks ago. i guess they really wanted to see those particular grades before they made a decision.
my situation was a little different from yours. you're still in the 8-12 week range, and i'm sure you'll be hearing some good news within the next 2 weeks or so.

they said they would take 8-12 weeks for a decision - according to my calculations, mid-decemberish. but instead i got an e-mail in early december asking for my fall 2007 grades. i sent in the grades about 2-3 weeks ago. i guess they really wanted to see those particular grades before they made a decision.
my situation was a little different from yours. you're still in the 8-12 week range, and i'm sure you'll be hearing some good news within the next 2 weeks or so.![]()
Well I assumed since I interviewed on Nov. 19 and people who interviewed Nov. 20 and on got an acceptance email, I will get a waitlisted/rejection letter in the mail in a couple of days. However, I did send it a letter of interest with my updated grades end of December, perhaps that will be similar to your situation. (I really hope and at the same time doubt so). I guess this gives me a little hope, God I hope i don't get anything in the mail from NYMC at time soon.
Anybody get anything in the mail from NYMC recently?
Nevermind, just got a rejection. wow i'm disappointed.
Nevermind, just got a rejection. wow i'm disappointed.
Nothing for me yet...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any news?
Not on my part. This wait is terrible...
1
167649
I have not been offered an interview yet, but they e-mailed me asking for my Fall 2007 grades on Friday.
Does anyone know what this means?
FYI cum GPA: 3.5 Fall 2007 sem GPA: 3.75
Somebody opened a thread about this a week ago...
EDIT: Nevermind, this was your thread. I think your question has already been answered as much as it will be.