nymc secondary!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acl3623

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
question, on the very nice and easy nymc secondary, if one of the faculty writing you a letter has taught you in more than one class, how do you put it? i can only fit one class on the "subjects taught" line...should i put the most recent class i had with them? and since i had two 3 credit classes with the professor, do I put 6 credits on the "credits earned" line even if i can only fit one class on the line above? or only 3 credits? they were two completely different classes...this sounds a lot more confusing on paper than in my head....help!

Members don't see this ad.

i would just choose one of the two classes, put it down, and put 3 units. it won't make that big of a deal, and if you want to clarify it later, i guess you can always write them....but as long as the LOR is good and it includes that the prof. taught you in the class that you put down on the secondary, it should be fine. they had a problem with one of my letters - they emailed me saying that the one i was using as a science letter of rec wasn't really from a science professor, but i interviewed there last week so i guess they didn't really care.

acl3623 said:
question, on the very nice and easy nymc secondary, if one of the faculty writing you a letter has taught you in more than one class, how do you put it? i can only fit one class on the "subjects taught" line...should i put the most recent class i had with them? and since i had two 3 credit classes with the professor, do I put 6 credits on the "credits earned" line even if i can only fit one class on the line above? or only 3 credits? they were two completely different classes...this sounds a lot more confusing on paper than in my head....help!