NYMC won't accept wailisted people until June

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPsychiatry

Go Angels!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
we have to wait till at least June... that is what the lady on the phone said :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not trying to start a fight here, but you guys need to relax. I am with you guys that this process is EXTREMELY long but they have just finished reviewing March interviews. There are still people that have not been reviewed yet since their interview.

I think I may have received an acceptance phone call today, so I'd say there's hope for being accepted before June.

Not trying to burst any bubbles but I am under the impression that NYMC makes offers by email, not by phone. Am I wrong? Has anyone gotten an offer from them (waitlist or otherwise) over the phone?

Good luck to all my fellow suffering companions.:luck: :luck: :luck:

Just wanna send out some good luck, hope to see you all there next year :thumbup:, cuz our facebook group only has like 35 people right now and that's kinda lame

Not trying to burst any bubbles but I am under the impression that NYMC makes offers by email, not by phone. Am I wrong? Has anyone gotten an offer from them (waitlist or otherwise) over the phone?

Good luck to all my fellow suffering companions.:luck: :luck: :luck:

Oops, I was thinking of another school. NYMC does indeed send acceptance notices by e-mail.

Just wanna send out some good luck, hope to see you all there next year :thumbup:, cuz our facebook group only has like 35 people right now and that's kinda lame

Not everyone has facebook! :)

Hey all, just got an acceptance email from NYMC. I was on the waitlisted after interviewing in November.:laugh:

Yesssss so there is hope for me...im not the only one waitlisted for months :)

i called today and they said they wont be taking anyone till june...but anyways congrats!

hey hypnotized did you send a letter of interest/intent?

Yea, I sent a letter of interest about 2 weeks ago.

is there any1 who has not gotten a decision from NYMC? NYMC says they mailed a decision to my permanent add, which is in Jamaica. and mail takes like 3 weeks to get here from the US. and they refuse to send it via email or fax? i had them resend it to my college address in the US. but there is no one there to check my mail for me and i don't go back to the US for another 10 days. what do i do? i really want to know my decision. i know since they didnt email its not an acceptance. i just want to know whether ive been rejected (then i can start the reapplication process) or whether ive been waitlisted (so i can write a letter of interst).. this extra waiting is killing me.

Hypnotized did you do an email or physical letter, also is it alright to send unofficial transcripts or should it be the official kind that one is for anyone