Nys compounding exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member1230

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you automatically lose all points on the IV if the bottle that you were drawing the drug from started leaking? Even if everything else is done correctly?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking the exam at Touro in June, does anyone know if we need to bring the ointment slabs/spatulas etc for the wet lab or do they give them?

I'm taking the exam at Touro in June, does anyone know if we need to bring the ointment slabs/spatulas etc for the wet lab or do they give them?

Members don't see this ad :)
i cant remember im sry.. did you remember how many milligrams of hydrocortisone you added? Was it 50? some people are telling me 50mg and some 90 mg?

Anyone remember what was asked for under "number of whole tetracycline capsules" in the table for Rx #3. I can't remember if I filled the bottom section in or not and it's driving me crazy!

I am pretty sure it was 2 whole capsules because you needed 480mg and the capsules were 250. Hope his helps

are you guys talking about the morning session? because I had it during the afternoon and it said 500 mg of tetracycline needed on our Rxs

Hi I need some advice on patient profile question . What do we need to study and what are likely questions they can ask? Also new cancer drugs are asked oftenly becoz they are hard to remember
Do you automatically lose all points on the IV if the bottle that you were drawing the drug from started leaking? Even if everything else is done correctly?
ome

I will be taking the exam next week at St. John's. Does anyone know if I need to bring my own ointment slab? I heard that we can bring a small cutting board to use as an ointment slab if necessary, but is this true? I don't want to risk failing the exam b/c of improper equipment.

Does anyone know where to take a good review course for the compounding lab? I'm a PA resident and just found out I need to get dual licensure in NY and I am lost at how to prepare for this. I ordered Dr. Cutie's notes offline and am still waiting on them, but I would like to take a course since PA does not stress compounding at all. Any insight is much appreciated!

Hey guys I just got my results back. I only got 1 point off from passing the exam so obviously I'm upset. But i had my proctor throw all my vials away during the IV portion which I have never heard of in all of the review classes. Don't they grade you on what products you bring back with you? I feel like they took point off for that. What are the chances I get 1 point back not only for that but in general? Please write back as soon as possible