NYS compounding results and point challenge advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icekitsune

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

So results are coming in from the Part III and for me, I didn't pass. Got a 72 and need a 75 to pass. Can someone who actually got points back give me some pointers? review vs rescore? How to go about it. Is getting 3 points even possible?Can we bring laptops and stuff? Thanks guys..

Members don't see this ad.

Hey icekitsune, I wanted to know if you got the 3 points or not, if you don't mind. I missed it by 4 points just now and was wondering how much of a chance I had at the challenge session.

Hey everybody,

So results are coming in from the Part III and for me, I didn't pass. Got a 72 and need a 75 to pass. Can someone who actually got points back give me some pointers? review vs rescore? How to go about it. Is getting 3 points even possible?Can we bring laptops and stuff? Thanks guys..
Hey, did you challenge the exam? Did you get points back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
Could someone please guide me about the compounding review session . I missed the exam by 3 points and I need some pointers for challenge session. And
If someone ever got 3-4 points back after reviewing the exam.
Any help would be really appreciated .
TIA

I failed January 2017 exam by a point. When you go to rechallenge, you're not allowed to bring electronics but you can bring out printed papers bound in a binder. I challenged all the questions I got wrong, except math. I gave great evidence- cited the package inserts, lexicomp, etc etc but I didn't get the point back. If your answer isn't written exactly how they want it, it's really difficult to get any points back.

I failed January 2017 exam by a point. When you go to rechallenge, you're not allowed to bring electronics but you can bring out printed papers bound in a binder. I challenged all the questions I got wrong, except math. I gave great evidence- cited the package inserts, lexicomp, etc etc but I didn't get the point back. If your answer isn't written exactly how they want it, it's really difficult to get any points back.
Thanks for the detailed answer.
That means it's impossible to get any point back, it's really depressing :(
When and how did they inform you after the review session??

Did you pass the June exam?

If someone ever got 3-4 points back after reviewing the exam. Any help would be really appreciated
Definitely go to the challenge session. It will be worth it, trust me I had to go twice. You can get points back. I got 6 points back my last time and passed. Hood and Floor Proctors are considered infallible. Focus on challenging other areas, especially mis-interpretation of your E/O reasonings and the profile reviews. 100% definitely bring the most recent printed version of the Lexicomp handbook for those. You can bring as many bound resources as you can carry. Bring a basic calculator too. 2 hours is enough to find some challenge-able points. Write out your challenges in a reasonable and respectful way. Cite the Lexicomp handbook as your source over RxPrep. Results from the challenge sessions took 20 days to arrive in the mail after the June 2014 challenge session, and 16 days to arrive after the January 2015 challenge session. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely go to the challenge session. It will be worth it, trust me I had to go twice. You can get points back. I got 6 points back my last time and passed. Hood and Floor Proctors are considered infallible. Focus on challenging other areas, especially mis-interpretation of your E/O reasonings and the profile reviews. 100% definitely bring the most recent printed version of the Lexicomp handbook for those. You can bring as many bound resources as you can carry. Bring a basic calculator too. 2 hours is enough to find some challenge-able points. Write out your challenges in a reasonable and respectful way. Cite the Lexicomp handbook as your source over RxPrep. Results from the challenge sessions took 20 days to arrive in the mail after the June 2014 challenge session, and 16 days to arrive after the January 2015 challenge session. Good luck!
Thanks a lot for the detailed response . That means there's still some hope.I think I lose due to day 1 profiles :(
Should I buy this, lexicomp latest edition?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 33