NYS part III compounding exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guitarded10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have only ranked residency programs that are in NYS and I am wondering if anybody who went to school in NYS knows if any residency programs in NYS will waive the part III compounding exam if you have gone to pharmacy school in NYS? Specifically does anyone know if any residency programs it the Albany area will waive the part III exam?

Members don't see this ad.

I have only ranked residency programs that are in NYS and I am wondering if anybody who went to school in NYS knows if any residency programs in NYS will waive the part III compounding exam if you have gone to pharmacy school in NYS? Specifically does anyone know if any residency programs it the Albany area will waive the part III exam?

NYU langone's PGY-1 waives the Part III exam regardless of what pharmacy school you went to.

Also if you have VAs on your rank list you can get a license in any state.

Not too sure about any other specific ones.

It depends. There is an way to get out of Part III if you do a residency. I go to school in NYS and am only looking at residencies here as well. One program (not Albany though) I interviewed at said getting the waiver for Part III is a huge pain so they expect their residents to take it and get licensed in NYS the regular way. So it may vary from program to program, I would ask the program. Just so you know I think the application deadline for the June exam is like April 1st so you would have to get your stuff in ASAP post match.