NYU 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skate4Ever09

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any info on when NYU will be sending out invites? From what I have read, the deadline this cycle was June 1, 2019 and the program is due to start January 2020. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, does anyone have any info on when NYU will be sending out invites? From what I have read, the deadline this cycle was June 1, 2019 and the program is due to start January 2020. Thanks.

I sent an e.mail two weeks ago and they said they will start sending invitations in August

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am providing accommodation (for fee) to students who would be interviewing at NYU.
It is 5 mins walk from NYU and if your interview is on a date when I am free I would be happy to walk you to NYU as well. Contact me if you need a place to stay. and yes!! all the best to everyone :)

How was an interview? What they asked for bench test?

How was an interview? What they asked for bench test?
INterview is with a faculty first, then with an administrative. Faculty would ask you about your background, why do you want to study there, your experience, your academic performance. Admin would ask about socio-economic background, where do you Iive, your family, where do you work, etc. There was no bench test, they have the current AS students to give you a tour around the buildings and the clinics. Last part was a 120 questions like NBDE 2 with 2 hours to answer. Hope that helps. Good luck!

INterview is with a faculty first, then with an administrative. Faculty would ask you about your background, why do you want to study there, your experience, your academic performance. Admin would ask about socio-economic background, where do you Iive, your family, where do you work, etc. There was no bench test, they have the current AS students to give you a tour around the buildings and the clinics. Last part was a 120 questions like NBDE 2 with 2 hours to answer. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Thank you! Do you mean "like part2" as a case scenario qs with x-rays and photo or like 1st day of part 2 with a general qs?
Do you remember approx dates/month when you received the invitation, interview date, and acceptance?
How many batches were this year?
Thank you so much! Hope, you made it there!!

Thank you! Do you mean "like part2" as a case scenario qs with x-rays and photo or like 1st day of part 2 with a general qs?
Do you remember approx dates/month when you received the invitation, interview date, and acceptance?
How many batches were this year?
Thank you so much! Hope, you made it there!!

Sure, It is like day 1 of nbde2 mostly, multiple option qs, but you will also have some pics and cases, like the day2. Some pics of oral pathology (candidiasis, herpangina, ranula, etc.) and some radiographs (ameloblastoma, cysts, and for Perio cases, etc). It is not that hard, but try to read a bit of the dd cards before you go. Practice for the interview, try to be confident and to stay calm. This year (2019) I applied on March, got an invitation on August and the interviews were held from sept 16 to 20, by Oct 10 they emailed the decisions, the classes will start on Jan 6 or 13, 2020 (not sure). There were 5 batches of 12. meaning 60 candidates for 30 seats. I was waitlisted, but got acceptance from another school so I'm good haha :) Good luck, I wish you all the best!

Sure, It is like day 1 of nbde2 mostly, multiple option qs, but you will also have some pics and cases, like the day2. Some pics of oral pathology (candidiasis, herpangina, ranula, etc.) and some radiographs (ameloblastoma, cysts, and for Perio cases, etc). It is not that hard, but try to read a bit of the dd cards before you go. Practice for the interview, try to be confident and to stay calm. This year (2019) I applied on March, got an invitation on August and the interviews were held from sept 16 to 20, by Oct 10 they emailed the decisions, the classes will start on Jan 6 or 13, 2020 (not sure). There were 5 batches of 12. meaning 60 candidates for 30 seats. I was waitlisted, but got acceptance from another school so I'm good haha :) Good luck, I wish you all the best!
Thank you so much for info, very helpful! And congrats with the acceptance!