-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NYU Acceptance
Started by Dentalindian
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hey .what r ur stats?/i am also waiting for decision.Hi, I attended the interview on Jan 17th and i am waitlisted at NYU.. Im so dissappointed..👎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi iam new applicant and i am interviewd on jan 17th,and i am waitlisted,can i know are there any chances of getting admission,can u plz reply me
Hi,
I really dont know exactly what are their criteria for taking in waitlisted candidates...but I suppose you may have to wait atleast until April before you can expect some news from NYU regarding acceptance...I know it is a difficult situation to be in...Pray a lot and leave the rest to God...
Good Luck
Hi Everyone,
I applied for NYU in Oct 2007. I attended interview on Feb 14th 2008. I received acceptance letter on 03/07/2008 by regular mail. I was waiting for the confirmation since few weeks. At last I am relieved.![]()
My credentials:
GPA: 3.7
NBDE Part 1: 88%
TOEFL: 101
Experience: 2 years in India.
SDN was very useful resource and I am very thankful to everyone who shared their experiences. All the Very best to everyone.
congratulations for you. I am still waiting. Let me ask you a question. In the interview they ask you if you pretend to live in the dormitories, if you are married, things like that???
I'll appreciate your answer
somebody told me this is important, as if you pretend to continue studyng an specialty,because that means profit for the university.. what do you think???
hi iam new applicant and i am interviewd on jan 17th,and i am waitlisted,can i know are there any chances of getting admission,can u plz reply me
I have been waitlisted too. So far we are three in the same situation. No one has received a rejection letter yet. Maybe this waiting list is just a polite way of rejection. Hopefully not.
Good luck everybody
My wife just got acceptance letter from NYU. She is from Europe. She was inteviewed on 29th January. Letter is dated 29th February, but we got it only today (we live in Maine).
Stats:
NBDE I - 86
TOEFL - 100
ECE - 3.48
Experience - 1 year at home and 3 mos in US as dental assistant
She is very excited
Stats:
NBDE I - 86
TOEFL - 100
ECE - 3.48
Experience - 1 year at home and 3 mos in US as dental assistant
She is very excited
Congradulations!! 🙂
Can you please tell me what your stats are? as in what NBDE score? TOEFL and GPA?? and if any experience?? when were u interviewed??
There is a Post above on this page by HYDBDS which is very informative for accepted students...do check it out!
I am also from pakistan but still awaiting an interview call 🙁 what college are you from??
Take care and congrats again!..pls tell me us your stats so all of us waiting get an idea of the people accepted. 🙂
hey fefzie,
my stats are as follows:
1. graduated in 2005 from Lahore Medical and Dental College.
2. NBDE Part 1(old format) = 92
3. CBT = 290/300
4. GPA = 3.89
5. Experience = 1 year of house-job plus 3 months at a private dental clinic
6. Interviewed on 22nd jan and received acceptance on 7th jan
7. less notably, i passed my nbde part 2 as well but only barely
what college are you from? hang in there mate. don't fret. i'm sure things'll work out just fine (Inshallah).
cheers!
Hi,
I too received the acceptance letter today from NYUCD.
I am very excited.
Special thanks to HYDBDS.
Good luck to all who are waiting!
Cheers!
Adiwana
Hi,
My heartiest congrats to you...didn't I tell you long time ago that you would be accepted ? Your stats were such that you definitely had to be accepted.... I am so happy for you....Congrats once again...
Finally I am in!!!😀😍
hey congrats.when were ur interview and what r ur stats..when did u get the acceptance letter???Finally I am in!!!😀😍
hi,, i was interviewed on january 24..
the acceptance letter is dated february 29,, but i received it on march 8...
part 1 ,,94 toefl 96 gpa 3.09 working experience,,one year in home country ,,2.5 years in america as a dental assistant..
best wishes..
the acceptance letter is dated february 29,, but i received it on march 8...
part 1 ,,94 toefl 96 gpa 3.09 working experience,,one year in home country ,,2.5 years in america as a dental assistant..
best wishes..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I too recieved acceptance letter from NYUCD today. I was interviewed on Feb 5th.
However I will be declining the seat since I hve been admitted in some anodr School.
But Congrats to every one who got selected and Best of luk to everyone waiting.
However I will be declining the seat since I hve been admitted in some anodr School.
But Congrats to every one who got selected and Best of luk to everyone waiting.
hey congrats.what r ur stats?? r u from canada??I too recieved acceptance letter from NYUCD today. I was interviewed on Feb 5th.
However I will be declining the seat since I hve been admitted in some anodr School.
But Congrats to every one who got selected and Best of luk to everyone waiting.
hey congrats.what r ur stats?? r u from canada??
Thanx...Ya I am from Canada (Toronto). And well My stats are Part 1 -92 : Prt2-87, Gpa-3.97, Toefl-113.
hey thanks.i think u got seleced in BU too.Thanx...Ya I am from Canada (Toronto). And well My stats are Part 1 -92 : Prt2-87, Gpa-3.97, Toefl-113.
hey thanks.i think u got seleced in BU too.
Hey Hi Docs...Ya I did...Are u waiting to hear from NYUCD....best of luk for that..
And are u too from Canada....
Hey Hi Docs...Ya I did...Are u waiting to hear from NYUCD....best of luk for that..
And are u too from Canada....
thanks
zsy
You are still going to minnesota?? right??
dentalbug
You are still going to minnesota?? right??
dentalbug
hi,, i was interviewed on january 24..
the acceptance letter is dated february 29,, but i received it on march 8...
part 1 ,,94 toefl 96 gpa 3.09 working experience,,one year in home country ,,2.5 years in america as a dental assistant..
best wishes..
hey roze from where r u/hey ,
Anyone interviewed on jan 31st got any letter from NYU yet , acceptance or waitlisting ??
just got the letter
I was accepted at NYUCD CLASS OF 2011 I am so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my stats
nbde 82/79
toefl 97
gpa 3.84
CUBAN






4 years general dentist home country /1 year dental assistant USA
interviewed:UF,UMDNJ,NYUCD
WAITING LIST :UMDNJ AND UF
ACCEPTED :NYU
GOING DEFINETELY NYUCD
I would like to say thanks to SDN for every advice i have got from here
and I wish u best of luck for everybody who is waiting for the call ,the ones waiting for the acceptance and the oneswho are in the waiting list .
letter dated jan 29/08 just got it I do live in NEW JERSEY.
I was accepted at NYUCD CLASS OF 2011 I am so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my stats
nbde 82/79
toefl 97
gpa 3.84
CUBAN







4 years general dentist home country /1 year dental assistant USA
interviewed:UF,UMDNJ,NYUCD
WAITING LIST :UMDNJ AND UF
ACCEPTED :NYU
GOING DEFINETELY NYUCD
I would like to say thanks to SDN for every advice i have got from here
and I wish u best of luck for everybody who is waiting for the call ,the ones waiting for the acceptance and the oneswho are in the waiting list .
letter dated jan 29/08 just got it I do live in NEW JERSEY.
hey congrats.ur acceptance gives lot of hope to persons with average scores.from which country r u?/just got the letter
I was accepted at NYUCD CLASS OF 2011 I am so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my stats
nbde 82/79
toefl 97
gpa 3.84
CUBAN
4 years general dentist home country /1 year dental assistant USA
interviewed:UF,UMDNJ,NYUCD
WAITING LIST :UMDNJ AND UF
ACCEPTED :NYU
GOING DEFINETELY NYUCD
I would like to say thanks to SDN for every advice i have got from here
and I wish u best of luck for everybody who is waiting for the call ,the ones waiting for the acceptance and the oneswho are in the waiting list .
letter dated jan 29/08 just got it I do live in NEW JERSEY.
alas..... accepted at NYU ... great news guys...

all the best to others... nd just be patient... i really wanna thank u fido... u guys were great help... nd all frnds here at sdn
nice to see batchmates here now...
so here i go again with the dance


all the best to others... nd just be patient... i really wanna thank u fido... u guys were great help... nd all frnds here at sdn
nice to see batchmates here now...
so here i go again with the dance

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got the letter
I was accepted at NYUCD CLASS OF 2011 I am so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my stats
nbde 82/79
toefl 97
gpa 3.84
CUBAN
4 years general dentist home country /1 year dental assistant USA
interviewed:UF,UMDNJ,NYUCD
WAITING LIST :UMDNJ AND UF
ACCEPTED :NYU
GOING DEFINETELY NYUCD
I would like to say thanks to SDN for every advice i have got from here
and I wish u best of luck for everybody who is waiting for the call ,the ones waiting for the acceptance and the oneswho are in the waiting list .
letter dated jan 29/08 just got it I do live in NEW JERSEY.
congratulations..
where are you from?
Hi HIdoc....
have u been interviewed?? if so when was it??..All the best 🙂 are u a reapplicant from last year? apart from NBDE 85 what are ur other stats? 🙂
have u been interviewed?? if so when was it??..All the best 🙂 are u a reapplicant from last year? apart from NBDE 85 what are ur other stats? 🙂
hi.i am in front of computer looking at sdn since morning and giving congratulations who got acceptance at NYU.Hopefully i will also get it.....but its very nervous time.
thank u very much for ur wishes and congratulations
I am from Cuba,fresh applicant,applied early october ,application complete late november hope that helps ,do not discourage if u have average grades ,do ur best always.good luck again for everybody here in this forum
I am from Cuba,fresh applicant,applied early october ,application complete late november hope that helps ,do not discourage if u have average grades ,do ur best always.good luck again for everybody here in this forum
zsy
You are still going to minnesota?? right??
dentalbug
hi,,bug,,
yes,,minnesota..
how r u ??
rain
hi,,bug,,
yes,,minnesota..
how r u ??
rain
I am doing good, Getting ready for UIC, 2 yers and done, cant wait 🙂, will try to spend xtra time with my husband, since next 2 yrs will be crunch time 🙂
later
dentalbug
hi fefzie
no ,u need green card , citizenship or asylum status to apply.
no ,u need green card , citizenship or asylum status to apply.
Thanks Marlboro27 🙂
I wanted to ask you..Univ of Florida needs GC, resident or something like that right??? or can a foreign dentist on a visit visa apply too?
Did anybody from feb 5th batch got aceptance ,please post the status?I too recieved acceptance letter from NYUCD today. I was interviewed on Feb 5th.
However I will be declining the seat since I hve been admitted in some anodr School.
But Congrats to every one who got selected and Best of luk to everyone waiting.
hey u can call NYU and ask them abt uDid anybody from feb 5th batch got aceptance ,please post the status?
hi,, i was interviewed on january 24..
the acceptance letter is dated february 29,, but i received it on march 8...
part 1 ,,94 toefl 96 gpa 3.09 working experience,,one year in home country ,,2.5 years in america as a dental assistant..
best wishes..
Congrats rain!!!!! happy to hear that..so, staying in NYC or UMN? UMN is less expensive and shorter time, but for NYC you won't have to move..tough choice, right...?tale care, Congrats again



thank u very much for ur wishes and congratulations
I am from Cuba,fresh applicant,applied early october ,application complete late november hope that helps ,do not discourage if u have average grades ,do ur best always.good luck again for everybody here in this forum
I'm cuban too, and I still waiting. Where did you study in Cuba?
hi.. congrats to all those who got in..has anyone from the february 26th interview batch got acceptance letters yet..?
and, how are we supposed to pay the deposit fee if we're not in the states?.. can it be done online?..
thanks..
I think the admin office prefer check or MO only. But, you can call them and request. When I called them they said no for credit card.
Good luck!
Adiwana
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey visit website www.fafsa.com and apply. could u tell when did u get the acceptance letter and what r ur stats??hi
anyone, any idea about the procedure for applying financial aid for greencard holderds ??
hey congrats..when did u recieve the letter and what is the date on it??Made it into NYU! Party-time!!!
Reva