NYU away rotation housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EternalMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently interested in doing an away rotation at NYU and was trying to find information about whether they offer housing for the one month that i will be there. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that I have seen on their website and the other places I've looked have insanely high rates for their apartments. I was wondering if any students have done away rotations at NYU and if so, what you did for living?

Members don't see this ad.

When are you doing your rotation here? I'll be gone for May and would think about renting out my room

sorry, most likely in september/october. anyone know whether they allow for visiting student housing?

Members don't see this ad :)
don't do an away here. what's wrong with you

could you elaborate? i'm from the east coast and want to get a feel for a program in the city. What's wrong with that?

I don't know if there is a specific protocol, however most visiting students send e-mails out to current students through friends, etc to find someone with an available room. The area around the hospital is expensive otherwise, there's usually plenty of NYU students doing aways in Sept/Oct

could you elaborate? i'm from the east coast and want to get a feel for a program in the city. What's wrong with that?

im just messing with you. what do you want to do an away rotation in?

I'm currently interested in doing an away rotation at NYU and was trying to find information about whether they offer housing for the one month that i will be there. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that I have seen on their website and the other places I've looked have insanely high rates for their apartments. I was wondering if any students have done away rotations at NYU and if so, what you did for living?

I did an away at NYU few months ago...I stayed in Brooklyn for the whole month but that was about an hour and a half or even 2 hours each way. One guy commuted from Long Island and another commuted from New Jersy!

Proph...

You could also try looking on craigs list for sublets.

I am currently interested in Anesthesiology there but I may forego the option of living there if I can manage a way to commute there instead. I know nothing of subways and the train system so it'll be a fun learning experience. Ideally living there would be great because for an away i could make sure to get there early and stay later without worrying about 2hrs of commuting. I'll probably also check out craigslist until then and see what is on it. thanks for the suggestions