1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

NYU: Can't Activate Net ID online

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by drdoodle, Feb 26, 2007.

1. drdoodle

drdoodle Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing their NYU Net ID? I went to the NYU website and used the University ID number that they sent me in the "InfoPack" a few weeks ago, entered my birthdate and email, and then got a message that "Only current members of the NYU community are eligible to use this function." Don't I need that Net ID to access the Housing registry and send in my Housing Interest Form?

I called the help number on that site, and the operator said I wasn't in the system becoz I hadn't registered for classes or housing yet (um, DUH), and once I register for housing/classes, I'll be in the system and able to activate the Net ID. But... I can't register for anything without that Net ID, it seems.

I'm confused. Help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Joe70h8

Joe70h8 New Member
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    I didn't have any problems accessing my NetID or setting up my NYU email. I can't think of what the problem is, maybe you're entering something wrong or maybe it's a problem out of your control.

Good luck.

3. zthang

zthang Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    mine worked just fine. All you can really do with it now is set up your email account anyways.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Smileisland

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    mine worked, however it wouldn't let me into the computer store to check out laptops, etc. I called and the guy I talked to said that this is a common problem and to just use "med1" as the login id.

5. kokobean

kokobean Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I had the same problem.

After the third try, it let me in.

6. Safado

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Same for me. I haven't been able to sign on either, I have yet to call them though.