NYU: Can't Activate Net ID online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdoodle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Is anyone else having trouble accessing their NYU Net ID? I went to the NYU website and used the University ID number that they sent me in the "InfoPack" a few weeks ago, entered my birthdate and email, and then got a message that "Only current members of the NYU community are eligible to use this function." Don't I need that Net ID to access the Housing registry and send in my Housing Interest Form?

I called the help number on that site, and the operator said I wasn't in the system becoz I hadn't registered for classes or housing yet (um, DUH), and once I register for housing/classes, I'll be in the system and able to activate the Net ID. But... I can't register for anything without that Net ID, it seems.

I'm confused. Help.

Joe70h8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems accessing my NetID or setting up my NYU email. I can't think of what the problem is, maybe you're entering something wrong or maybe it's a problem out of your control.

Good luck.

zthang

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
mine worked just fine. All you can really do with it now is set up your email account anyways.

Smileisland

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
mine worked, however it wouldn't let me into the computer store to check out laptops, etc. I called and the guy I talked to said that this is a common problem and to just use "med1" as the login id.

kokobean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem.

After the third try, it let me in.

Safado

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble accessing their NYU Net ID? I went to the NYU website and used the University ID number that they sent me in the "InfoPack" a few weeks ago, entered my birthdate and email, and then got a message that "Only current members of the NYU community are eligible to use this function." Don't I need that Net ID to access the Housing registry and send in my Housing Interest Form?

I called the help number on that site, and the operator said I wasn't in the system becoz I hadn't registered for classes or housing yet (um, DUH), and once I register for housing/classes, I'll be in the system and able to activate the Net ID. But... I can't register for anything without that Net ID, it seems.

I'm confused. Help.

Same for me. I haven't been able to sign on either, I have yet to call them though.