NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Received an interview invite via email 10:39 am!
22aa/21ts/22pat
ogpa 3.6+ sgpa 3.5+
international non-canadian

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2:
AA: 20, TS: 21
OGPA: 3.70, SGPA: 3.60
in-state resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
Received invite for interview on Oct 12th

interview #2
AA:19 TS:19
Bio/chem/ochem/PAT/RC/QR
19/19/20/23/21/18

OGPA: 3.5
SGPA: 3.43

minority: Yes (Hispanic)
OOS : Florida

Took DAT July 16, had everything submitted and verified July 31

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4
AA: 21 TS: 21 PAT: 20
OGPA: 3.89 SGPA: 3.89
Submitted AADSAS app the first week of opening

Got an invite through email this morning! My interview is Friday Oct 23.

26AA, 28TS
3.83 ogpa, 3.77 sgpa
oos, NJ

Got an invite this morning for Nov 6th.
22AA, 22TS, 24 PAT
3.3 ogpa, 3.57 spga
NY resident

Everything completed and verified Sept. 1st

Does anyone know if NYU prefers students from specific states?

I don't think so, they have a huge class size and I have a friend who got accepted from Michigan so it's safe to say nyu is oos friendly from my understanding.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my application submitted august 18, did i submit too late for a pre december interview?

I am an international student and still received an invite this morning :) I don't think they have a preference lol.
Congrats! I was just wondering because I had the option to put NJ or MI on my application and I put MI. I guess I’m just over analyzing and have to wait and see what happens lol

Just got an invite!
22aa/21ts/25pat
3.79 o, 3.70 science
oos, NJ

got to choose dates from T-F from last two weeks of october, and first week november!
Congrats on the interview! Do you mind sharing if the interviews are all virtual or in person? Because I saw someone claim to schedule an in person one, while another claiming on a FB group that they are all virtual. Thanks a lot.

Congrats on the interview! Do you mind sharing if the interviews are all virtual or in person? Because I saw someone claim to schedule an in person one, while another claiming on a FB group that they are all virtual. Thanks a lot.
The email they sent me says it will be all virtual

Hi guys I received an email today asking if i’m interested in podiatric medicine. Is this like a soft rejection?

• Haha
Hey guys,

I have an interview coming up this week, and I was wondering what video calling service NYU is using? Is it Zoom? I see the links, but it just says “Event has not started” when I click on them (obviously). Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have an interview coming up this week, and I was wondering what video calling service NYU is using? Is it Zoom? I see the links, but it just says “Event has not started” when I click on them (obviously). Thanks.
Just finished my interview earlier this week. There was a link to click on when the event started. The group link was directed to zoom but 1-1 interview w/ the faculty and the post-interview will be directed to NYUCD's own system (automatically pop-ed up). Making sure to use updated Chrome!!!! several interviewers (including mine) used SAFARI and interviewees could not see or hear them!!! My interviewer proposed to type the questions via chatbox but thank god he was able to reconnect.

Just finished my interview earlier this week. There was a link to click on when the event started. The group link was directed to zoom but 1-1 interview w/ the faculty and the post-interview will be directed to NYUCD's own system (automatically pop-ed up). Making sure to use updated Chrome!!!! several interviewers (including mine) used SAFARI and interviewees could not see or hear them!!! My interviewer proposed to type the questions via chatbox but thank god he was able to reconnect.

How long was the interview and how was it?

So they give you an hour for the faculty 1 on 1 interview and another hour for the conversation with an admissions counselor just going over your classes making sure you’re on track to complete all the pre reqs. The counselor ended up asking me about growing up in Florida and if I had ever been to NYC, it was pretty chill and around 20 mins long. Both interviews are pretty important as they both have an equal say in if you can get in or not.

In the faculty interview we talked almost the entire hour. 25-30 mins was him asking me questions but the rest of the time was the questions I was asking him.

The rest of the day includes a sort of overview and virtual tour of NYU and then another hour of Q and A with current students. Overall a really chill and enjoyable interview day! Good luck everybody

• Love
My faculty interview was longer (around 45-50 mins) but overall it was a very friendly and comfortable conversation and we joked about the dying battery of the fire alarm in my apartment (kept "beeping" during the interview). the post-interview was with a current NYU student and it was short like ~10min.

Interview #5
School: NYU
Notification date: 10/26/2020
Method of notification: email and on portal
Residency: Florida (OOS)
Application complete date: Verified 07/17/2020 but was incomplete until 09/03/2020 when my official DAT scores came in
GPA (overall, science): 3.86, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/19/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/12/2020 (there were many dates for that week, the week before and the week after)
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #2
Notification date: 10/26/2020
Method of notification: email and on the portal
Residency: TX (OOS)
Application complete date: Verified 09/13/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.49, 3.53; Masters in Molecular & Cell Biology GPA 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/16/18/Yes (PAT)
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/20/2020 (there were many dates for that week, the week before)
Method of Interview: Virtual

Did any international/Canadian applicants get interview invites recently?

Did any international/Canadian applicants get interview invites recently?
Received mine in the beginning of Oct. That was the first wave of invites I believe. I am international/non-Canadian

My application was complete on 8/1 and I still haven't heard back. Do I still have hope in receiving an interview invite

My application was complete on 8/1 and I still haven't heard back. Do I still have hope in receiving an interview invite
same boat as you, I really hope we get interviews!! I was talking to someone from admissions and said not to worry if we haven't heard back yet, she said they sent out less invites than usual at this time and that they are a bit behind bc of COVID so I deff think you have a chance of hearing back

same boat as you, I really hope we get interviews!! I was talking to someone from admissions and said not to worry if we haven't heard back yet, she said they sent out less invites than usual at this time and that they are a bit behind bc of COVID so I deff think you have a chance of hearing back
thank you so much for this:')

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, for people who have done the interview, a quick question for the thank you letter, should we just send it to the general [email protected] address, or find out the interviewer email send it directly?

If nothing changed from the previous years, they should send an email to you within a couple of days on who your interviewers were. If you don't see it by the 3rd day, I would email or call the admissions committee to ask. If you remember who your interviewer is, you could always look up their emails, but you should be sure. One of my friends actually stayed late to write a handwritten thank you card to their interviewer and got in, but that's a little too extra for my taste.

Also, I'm a student here so feel free to ask me anything.
I just had it yesterday so I guess I probably will wait and see for a day or two. Thank you so much for the information!

Just had the interview this morning! It was really chill and if I get accepted, it will definitely be a great school to consider. I hear a lot of negatives about the school, but I think it just depends on the person and their individual experiences!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
is it bad if you contact to reschedule? i just got an interview to another school and that school's only availability is the 12th which is my date. i contacted the school and she said to email them and they would see what they can do for me. kinda terrified because both schools are like my top choices LOL

anyone hear back recently?

• Hmm
Just had the interview this morning! It was really chill and if I get accepted, it will definitely be a great school to consider. I hear a lot of negatives about the school, but I think it just depends on the person and their individual experiences!
Could I ask what aspects impressed you the most? I'm still waiting for an interview!

Interview #2
Notification date: 11/11/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CT
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/17
Application complete date: 07/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/19/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: December 3rd (Last day that was available but had a couple earlier).

Interview #2
Notification date: 11/11/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CT
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/17
Application complete date: 07/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/19/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: December 3rd (Last day that was available but had a couple earlier).
Congrats!!!

I heard that NYU gives out merit based scholarships, I am wondering if anyone knows what the requirements are in order to get that and when the students will be notified?

Last edited: