NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my application back in June, but it still says "none" under the check status tab for AADSAS. Just wondering if it also says that for you guys.

NYU does not check status on adea. they have their own portal which should be send to you through email.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Current D1 at NYU. Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any!

Reactions: 1 user
when do you guys think NYU will start sending out interviews? the anticipation is killing me

Members don't see this ad :)
What made you choose going to NYU for dental school? What do you like about it most as a student? Least?
It’s the only school I was accepted to lol what I like most is the group practices they put us in. We haven’t done much with our groups yet, but it does help make the class feel smaller. What I least like…so far in lab we did wax ups but they did not give us any direction. The TAs and YouTube helped a lot though

when did you receive your interview last year? how was the interview like. was it 1 on 1 or group interview?
I got invited for an interview on 4/4 and my interview was on 4/7. I got accepted on 4/20. The interview was pretty conversational and all of the questions were typical interview questions. There were 2 1 on 1 interviews with faculty and 1 1 on 1 interview with an admissions associate.

Is anyone else's NYU applicant portal saying they have the wrong password when you know it's the correct password?

NYU gave out interviews today according to Reddit

Are you saying you had an interview? Are you saying that the interview proposal has started?

I haven’t received an interview. I have zero interviews. But the interview proposal has started.

Interview #5
Notification date: 9/16
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: OOS - MN
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/17
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72, oGPA:3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: (9/27) virtual!

Last edited:
Interview #5
Notification date: 9/16
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: OOS - MN
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/16
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72, oGPA:3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: Can't access the portal to get my date selected but just received the email
Ahhh congrats RYXNDEK!!! Did you like literally just receive it this second ? Or earlier today

I literally just got the email! I cant actually schedule the interview yet, the portal hasn't updated for me but I got the email from them lol
Excitedddd for you 🙌🙌 may you have a great interview

I literally just got the email! I cant actually schedule the interview yet, the portal hasn't updated for me but I got the email from them lol
Congrats! Question for you, on your NYU Portal status, does it show anything listed other than your unofficial transcripts? Mine shows a list of those, but no test scores or evals, but the status shows it's been completed and is being reviewed.

Congrats! Question for you, on your NYU Portal status, does it show anything listed other than your unofficial transcripts? Mine shows a list of those, but no test scores or evals, but the status shows it's been completed and is being reviewed.
Yeah my portal just says my unofficial transcripts and nothing else. I wouldn’t worry about it. If they need something they’ll tell you! Did you get an NYU app complete email?

Yeah my portal just says my unofficial transcripts and nothing else. I wouldn’t worry about it. If they need something they’ll tell you! Did you get an NYU app complete email?
Yes, I did about a month ago.

Hows the student to faculty ratio?
The student to faculty ratio depends on the class you are taking. For D1 didactic courses such as cell bio and biochem, it’s pretty much set up in a way similar to large undergrad classes. However for dental anatomy labs, we are split into smaller sections that are around the same size as other dental schools across the nation (around 90-100 students per lab). There are plenty of faculty doctors and TAs that walk around during our dental anatomy labs and as long as you reach out to them they are willing to help you! For head and neck anatomy labs, we are split into even smaller sections (maybe 15-20 students per lab with 1 instructor).

Just got my NYU interview!!! I would really really love to talk to anyone that has had theirs (this cycle or in the past)!

Just got my NYU interview!!! I would really really love to talk to anyone that has had theirs (this cycle or in the past)!
congrats! When did you compete your application?

Did they email you and update on their portal? also what were your stats?

It’s very relaxed and conversational! The prof I interviewed with was great and we were laughing most of the time. One of my favorite interviews so far! Don’t stress!
That makes me super excited! Can I message you?

Interview #6
School: NYU
Notification date: 9/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/26/21/No
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #2
School: NYU
Notification date: 9/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26, 26, 23, 24, No
Dates available: week of 10/10,10/17
Method of interview: virtual

Is it hard to just passs? or its very ery very very very veryt hard to just pass the classes and move on ?
I’m also a D1 at NYU and I wouldn’t say the summer was very very hard. I’m sure most people passed the summer classes, but I do know at least 1 person that has failed a summer class already. I did take a couple masters level anatomy courses and it was probably equivalent. This fall semester though is harder. There’s a lot of info to retain. I didn’t realize anatomy was not a prerequisite for NYU, but I would highly suggest taking it if you still have an option before dental school

I’m also a D1 at NYU and I wouldn’t say the summer was very very hard. I’m sure most people passed the summer classes, but I do know at least 1 person that has failed a summer class already. I did take a couple masters level anatomy courses and it was probably equivalent. This fall semester though is harder. There’s a lot of info to retain. I didn’t realize anatomy was not a prerequisite for NYU, but I would highly suggest taking it if you still have an option before dental school
how do you take 25 units in the summer tho?

Max I took ever was 12 that was like MAX.