NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone's app still under review? :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Kinda seems like they’re done taking ppl off the waitlist at this point 🫤 anybody get accepted recently

Received acceptance, yesterday.
Interviewed 4/12
Waitlisted 4/14

Just received a waitlist update request from nyu, anybody else?

anyone know if it is common to rent out the living room and how do people go about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Saw that, I believe it’s inaccurate because those are the same numbers for the undergraduate rate. Unless it’s coincidental 😂
I said before that 40-60 total people drop out/repeat by the end of D4. 83%sounds about right.

Accepted today off the waitlist looking for roommates ASAP!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! Did you do anything to enhance your application when you were waitlisted before? Thank you!

Nah, all I did was send my transcript in and told them that if they don’t take me off the waitlist by the end of next day that I’ll have to decline my spot

I was watching financial aid webinar video. I don’t understand what is the refund that the guy was talking about for? Anybody has idea about that?

I was watching financial aid webinar video. I don’t understand what is the refund that the guy was talking about for? Anybody has idea about that?
The refund is what will be deposited into your bank once the tuition and fees have been taken out of the loan. For CO2026, tuition was around $103K and the loan offer was about $150K. The difference between the two ($47K) is refunded to you. I posted a presentation slide deck on the CO2027 Facebook group with the breakdown for last year’s loan/tuition amounts

The refund is what will be deposited into your bank once the tuition and fees have been taken out of the loan. For CO2026, tuition was around $103K and the loan offer was about $150K. The difference between the two ($47K) is refunded to you. I posted a presentation slide deck on the CO2027 Facebook group with the breakdown for last year’s loan/tuition amounts

I see I see. So that is the case when I am accepting the full loan package right? Is it also possible to accept partial of the package?
Thank you so much! Btw I can’t find your post on fb group

I see I see. So that is the case when I am accepting the full loan package right? Is it also possible to accept partial of the package?

Nvm found the slides!

Correct, you can take a partial amount, but it will be used to pay tuition first. If there’s anything left over it will be deposited in your account, if not, there will not be a deposit/refund

To all the D2-4 students @ NYU, how serious is the orientation and the first summer classes that we start with. I have an opportunity to volunteer for my churches summer bible school but unfortunately NYu begins their classes during that time. Would you guys say it’s possible for me to miss 1-2 weeks of the summer session? Would I be able to just take the classes remotely at home?

To all the D2-4 students @ NYU, how serious is the orientation and the first summer classes that we start with. I have an opportunity to volunteer for my churches summer bible school but unfortunately NYu begins their classes during that time. Would you guys say it’s possible for me to miss 1-2 weeks of the summer session? Would I be able to just take the classes remotely at home?
I do not think this is a good idea. You're going to be starting the hardest 4 years of your life and you could severely set yourself back trying to miss the first 2 weeks, which will be foundational. I'm also almost certain that your classes will be mandatory and in-person for first years.

I do not think this is a good idea. You're going to be starting the hardest 4 years of your life and you could severely set yourself back trying to miss the first 2 weeks, which will be foundational. I'm also almost certain that your classes will be mandatory and in-person for first years.

Gotchu thanks for advice!

Accepted today off the waitlist! Shoot me any housing recommendations or roommate groups!! Thanks so much:D

to those that got admitted how important are volunteer hours for this school? did everyone here have volunteer hours? if so in what TIA
you can't have zero volunteer hours. You gotta have something. It can be in anything. Working with less fortunate is looked more fondly on - soup kitchen, food pantry, homeless shelter, etc.

graduated from NYU about a year ago. honestly the way of getting in with average stats is to become friendly with someone on the admissions committee. I got in with a 3.1 oGPA, 2.9 sGPA and 20aa. I was able to constantly reach out and establish a connection with a counselor through letters and phone calls. who pushed my application in front of dr. mejia (dean of admissions) and got me in. the overall experience of the school was pretty awful but living in NYC to pursue my dream of being a dentist was a dream come true in and of itself. AMA here to help.

graduated from NYU about a year ago. honestly the way of getting in with average stats is to become friendly with someone on the admissions committee. I got in with a 3.1 oGPA, 2.9 sGPA and 20aa. I was able to constantly reach out and establish a connection with a counselor through letters and phone calls. who pushed my application in front of dr. mejia (dean of admissions) and got me in. the overall experience of the school was pretty awful but living in NYC to pursue my dream of being a dentist was a dream come true in and of itself. AMA here to help.
Just a comment: I think Dr. Meija stepped down from admissions.

aw she was such a sweet lady! happy I got thank her recently for accepting me and changing my life
Just a comment: I think Dr. Meija stepped down from admissions.