NYU, considerate??

Started by jmeyers52
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jmeyers52

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So NYU just sent me an email warning me that they think my CC may have gotten charged twice. She said to just call her right away if the charge is duplicated and they'll credit it. I was only charged once based on my online statement, but I was still impressed that they were actually looking out for their applicants. Anyone else get this email?
 
who wants to be accused of stealing? im sure they have programs that let them know if something unusual happened during any type of transactions like most other schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pinkertinkle said:
I thought they were really considerate when at first their secondary only cost a penny, but I changed my mind when they billed me the 84.99.
haha.
 
it actually wasnt anything automated. they received two copies of my application in the mail and thought that might mean I was charged twice. but yeah, i dont think they would want the reputation of charging applicants 10x like treg. good that they're trying to clear it up though.
 
It's really not that considerate, considering that its illegal to charge you twice. Its good that they warned you, but it's their duty to do so.
 
well, they cant charge us more than once, but i think a lot of schools leave it up to us to figure out if that has occurred. anyway, i just appreciated the heads up.
 
i hate NYU...ha and i go there....no love from them....i didnt get a secondary 🙁
 
So NYU just sent me an email warning me that they think my CC may have gotten charged twice. She said to just call her right away if the charge is duplicated and they'll credit it. I was only charged once based on my online statement, but I was still impressed that they were actually looking out for their applicants. Anyone else get this email?

I see that you go to NYU and I wanted to know how hard it is to transfer in from a Community College?
 
I thought they were really considerate when at first their secondary only cost a penny, but I changed my mind when they billed me the 84.99.
NYU sucks they didn't interview me.

You replied to this thread after 11 years! I am impressed. Good work.

To clarify, other than @Law2Doc, it's rare to see a member from a decade ago to post in the same thread. Dedicated members are always valuable :happy: