NYU DPT interview 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccer1111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me out with the NYU interview process? I need advice because it is my only interview I have and I am nervous because I cant mess this up and have a lot on the line! Does anybody know what type of questions they ask? Please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview this past weekend and pretty sure I bombed it. Did you go this Saturday November 4th?

I had an interview this past weekend as well on Saturday November 5th. I feel like it went really well so hopefully I get some good news in a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went Friday November 4th! Did they give any information as to when we will hear back?

@soccer1111 how did the interview go?
very easy going interview process but then again im sure it depends on who interviews you. You meet with the students before hand to speak to and ask questions (who are all really helpful). Then you get interviewed by a committee of 3 people and they ask you pretty basic questions and a lot of them are specific to your application or experience as well

Everyone gets asked the same questions off a sheet of paper that they have for each candidate. I'm pretty sure they write down comments based on your answers and perhaps even grade your answers not sure, but there is a sheet.

For those of you that got interviews, did NYU send a confirmation email some time before that to inform you that they received your application? Because I never got a confirmation from them like I did for other schools so I'm a bit worried. I submitted my app on 9/27 and I haven't received any news from them :(

For those of you that got interviews, did NYU send a confirmation email some time before that to inform you that they received your application? Because I never got a confirmation from them like I did for other schools so I'm a bit worried. I submitted my app on 9/27 and I haven't received any news from them :(
Did you pay their supplemental fee?

I dont believe that I got confirmation from them but they do have a supplemental fee. However, I did follow up a few times and email them to confirm that they had my application and everything that was needed from me to complete the process

Members don't see this ad :)

If they ask you for the supplemental fee, they received your application. You should receive an email asking to pay their fee. I believe Alexander Cook from NYU handles this. If you don't pay it, they aren't going to process your application period. On PTCAS you should be able to see if PTCAS forwarded your application to the school or not. Their fee is in addition to the PTCAS fee.

For everyone that interviewed, how long do you think it will be before we find out if we get accepted or not? I heard last year it was about 2-3 weeks after the interview... do you think it will be that quick again? I'm really excited to find out and hope I get in, it's my top choice!

If they ask you for the supplemental fee, they received your application. You should receive an email asking to pay their fee. I believe Alexander Cook from NYU handles this. If you don't pay it, they aren't going to process your application period. On PTCAS you should be able to see if PTCAS forwarded your application to the school or not. Their fee is in addition to the PTCAS fee.

I paid the supplemental fee right after I submitted on PTCAS so I guess they never sent me the email. I'll email them tonight to make sure everything was received then, thanks :)

I paid the supplemental fee right after I submitted on PTCAS so I guess they never sent me the email. I'll email them tonight to make sure everything was received then, thanks :)
You should receive an email receipt from NYU Steinhardt stating that they processed your supplemental fee payment.

You should receive an email receipt from NYU Steinhardt stating that they processed your supplemental fee payment.
Btw I never received an email saying that they received my application per say. Only an email asking for the supplemental fee to complete my application and then an email receipt after I made the payment. They just called me up to set up an interview after that.

no still nothing..did u interview nov 4th?
Still nothing for me too and I interviewed Nov 4th. I really hope to just know my result by Thanksgiving, but I'm not counting on it.

Did anyone hear back yet?
Yeah when I was talking to the first year students at the interview, they said they got their acceptance the day before thanksgiving when they interviewed November 7-8th

I received an acceptance email yesterday, and interviewed on 11/5

Those of you who interviewed at NYU, how was the short essay?
What were the questions? Did you feel like it was a breeze?

Soccer when did you interview and I still haven't heard back I feel like tomorrow last day before holiday

Soccer when did you interview and I still haven't heard back I feel like tomorrow last day before holiday
I feel you, knowing that one person heard back last Wednesday has me worried since I have not heard back yet. I felt like my interview went really well but not hearing back yet makes me worried and think otherwise.

Haven't heard back and I went to interview on the 4th. Not sweating it though. I've been accepted to Touro College Manhattan campus so at least I know that I'll be able to attend next year. Also have interviews with LIU and Hunter next month. Best to focus on the rest of your school interviews as you can't make them decide any faster. =)

West to east who did you interview with and mn who did you interview with and did they ask about your application

Reactions: 1 user
Haven't heard back and I went to interview on the 4th. Not sweating it though. I've been accepted to Touro College Manhattan campus so at least I know that I'll be able to attend next year. Also have interviews with LIU and Hunter next month. Best to focus on the rest of your school interviews as you can't make them decide any faster. =)
NYU was my only interview so far and I have yet to hear back from any other schools so far. unknownperson I interviewed with Dr. Lang.

I just spoke to menty and she said you should hear back by the middle of Feb which is annoying and stressful but oh well I guess all we can do is wait

I just spoke to menty and she said you should hear back by the middle of Feb which is annoying and stressful but oh well I guess all we can do is wait
I think that's when people who have already been accepted will have their deposit deadlines.

Did hunter notify you of your interview recently ? If you don't mind when did you submit the application for hunter ?

Did hunter notify you of your interview recently ? If you don't mind when did you submit the application for hunter ?
Notified via email. I submitted few days before the deadline.

Did you apply to Touro College Bay Shore campus as well? or just the Manhattan campus?

You can only apply to one according to their supplemental application.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I applied to the Bay Shore campus but have yet to hear anything. I read last year that they didn't start letting people know until the middle of December though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I applied to the Bay Shore campus but have yet to hear anything. I read last year that they didn't start letting people know until the middle of December though.
I applied quite early in September.

is no news considered good news? do you think they've started denying people already or they will probably wait until Feb?

I just got in!

Last edited:
Soccer have you had an email sent to you by nyu that they received you're application