NYU DPT interview 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LNS727

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone interviewed at NYU on 11/10 and have heard back from them yet?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed November 11, NYU is my top choice and haven't heard yet... I was hoping to hear this week!!! please post if you hear back or know any info!!

I interviewed November 11, NYU is my top choice and haven't heard yet... I was hoping to hear this week!!! please post if you hear back or know any info!!
i feel like they've had to send out acceptances by now but idk because i haven't heard that anyone has gotten in yet. Hate being in the dark lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, I have the interview coming up. Do you guys remember what questions they asked?

Hi guys, I have the interview coming up. Do you guys remember what questions they asked?
I haven't heard anything back yet. :/
My interview was pretty laid back, they just want to get to know you. They ask typical questions like why NYU, why PT and about your application. Just be yourself and good luck!

My interview was pretty laid back, they just want to get to know you. They ask typical questions like why NYU, why PT and about your application. Just be yourself and good luck!

Anything tough, like Strength weaknesses, conflict questions. What was the essay like?

I’ve seen a lot of people say they ask specific questions about your application but i didn’t get any idk if it depends on who’s interviewing. Other than the normal questions I remember they asked me my experience with cultural diversity, leadership and community service involvement, one thing I was most proud of in my life, what I want my contribution to be in PT (I have my degree in nutrition so I talked about how I wanted to merge he too and how the APTA is talking about how strong the link is between nutrition and PT), and what I think the traits of a physical therapist should be. That’s all I remember

Reactions: 1 user
They didn't ask me anything specific about my application but they did seem to know what I was talking about when I would bring something up from my application. THey asked strengths and weaknesses and "whats one challenge you've faced in your life that you have overcome that you think prepares you professionally. I thought the interview was very easy going! I wouldn't be too worried about it! They asked a few questions about leadership and why you want to be a PT and why you want to go to NYU specifically--I feel like that was the most important question based on the way they asked it!!! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so frustrated haha I've been reading the forums from past years and so many of them said that they had heard back by now, but then there was a big group of other people who didn't hear back until even past February!!! I swear this waiting anxiety is taking years off my life. I just want to know either way!!

I'm so frustrated haha I've been reading the forums from past years and so many of them said that they had heard back by now, but then there was a big group of other people who didn't hear back until even past February!!! I swear this waiting anxiety is taking years off my life. I just want to know either way!!
I know that’s what I’ve been doing looking at the past years! From my understanding is if they really want you they were supposed to get back to you in 2 weeks and if they have you on a waitlist you just don’t hear back from them until they do want you or it’s too late and you get a rejection. I just want to hear someone say they’ve heard back so I know where I stand lol the uncertainty is definitely killing me!

I know that’s what I’ve been doing looking at the past years! From my understanding is if they really want you they were supposed to get back to you in 2 weeks and if they have you on a waitlist you just don’t hear back from them until they do want you or it’s too late and you get a rejection. I just want to hear someone say they’ve heard back so I know where I stand lol the uncertainty is definitely killing me!
I think that because all of us haven’t heard back, we’re okay. I wouldn’t start worrying just yet.

Right!! like since we haven't heard does that mean we are on the waitlist?? ugh! oh well, glad i'm not the only one!

has anyone called / talked to jessica or someone about when we will find out haha or are they still saying "within 2 weeks until february" haha

has anyone called / talked to jessica or someone about when we will find out haha or are they still saying "within 2 weeks until february" haha
I haven’t spoken to anyone but I’m pretty sure it’s still going to be until February since they are rolling admissions. I’d just like to know if they sent out their first batch of acceptances

Just found out I got in!!!! Good luck everyone :)

Hey, I'm just joining this thread haha, but I just got accepted as well!

Congrats everyone!!! Still nothing for me hoping maybe I’ll get something in the future :( Does anyone that got an acceptance mind sharing their stats?

Congrats everyone!!! Still nothing for me hoping maybe I’ll get something in the future :( Does anyone that got an acceptance mind sharing their stats?

Here are my stats:
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2
GRE: 152 V, 158 Q, 4.5 AWA
Observation+Aide hours ~ 1500 in 5 settings/locations

Good luck!!!

I just submitted my deposit! Is anyone else who got accepted planning to attend?
Here are my stats:
Overall GPA 3.6
Pre-Req GPA 3.6
GRE 153 V, 156Q, 4.0 AWA
Obervation/Aide hours 800 in 5 settings
Goodluck to everyone interviewing/waiting to hear back!

Just found out I got in!!!! Good luck everyone :)

I have been accepted as well. Is there anyway a forum
Hey, I'm just joining this thread haha, but I just got accepted as well!

Would those who have been accepted and have put down their deposit like to create a seperate forum? I too have been accepted and am looking to discuss my next steps with my possible classmates :) Good luck to everyone.

My stats are:
Cum GPA -3.4
Qualitative GRE - 149
Quantitative GRE -152
Analytical GRE - 3.0
Observation Hours - 1000 + in 5 different settings

I just submitted my deposit! Is anyone else who got accepted planning to attend?
Here are my stats:
Overall GPA 3.6
Pre-Req GPA 3.6
GRE 153 V, 156Q, 4.0 AWA
Obervation/Aide hours 800 in 5 settings
Goodluck to everyone interviewing/waiting to hear back!
I too have been accepted and put down my deposit. Looking to connect with others to discuss my next step. Let me know if you are interested.

I have been accepted as well. Is there anyway a forum

Would those who have been accepted and have put down their deposit like to create a seperate forum? I too have been accepted and am looking to discuss my next steps with my possible classmates :) Good luck to everyone.

My stats are:
Cum GPA -3.4
Qualitative GRE - 149
Quantitative GRE -152
Analytical GRE - 3.0
Observation Hours - 1000 + in 5 different settings
Just submitted my deposit! Definitely would love to connect with everyone planning to attend!

Anyone did the interview on the 8th?

I would love to connect with other accepted students as well! Is there a Facebook group yet?

I would love to connect with other accepted students as well! Is there a Facebook group yet?
I got accepted and am interested in connecting with fellow students as well! Please keep me posted if there are facebook groups made. Thank you!

Anyone interview on Dec 1st and hear back yet?

I got accepted and am interested in connecting with fellow students as well! Please keep me posted if there are facebook groups made. Thank you!

when did you interview?

I didn't pay the deposit, NYU rescinded my acceptance :(

Put my deposit in! Anyone accepted hear back from nyu with class schedules or further confirmation? Also looking to connect with future classmates. :highfive:

Put my deposit in! Anyone accepted hear back from nyu with class schedules or further confirmation? Also looking to connect with future classmates. :highfive:
Congrats!! I haven't heard anything yet, and I did everything that they suggested to do with the original email. I am still looking out for a facebook page too, let me know if you find any! Thanks! :)

@Hulam You did the interview on dec 8th and they accepted you but took it back?!

Hi everyone! congrats on the acceptances! did anyone interview on december 8th and hear back yet?