NYU..easily accepted???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msdentist2b

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, anyone who's intereted in this topic... a few days ago i read a message written by someone mentioning that everyone who applid would get into nyu dental program and no one even got rejected..(i guess he/she was implying that nyu isn't competitive at all compared to other schools)... i'm just curious... seriously did anyone that you know of get rejected from that school?? even after the interview??? from what i have seen during the interview-tour, i personally don't mind attending there... it just bothers me to hear so many negative aspects of school from the others .. it seems that people are more critical about nyu than any other schools.... i wonder why??? i know nyu had experienced some bad times/situations(?) a number of years ago... from what i have heard from the dental community it started to adapt a completely new system recently. are peole who are so picky about nyu just not aware of new changes nyu has gone through in 2-3 recent years?? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

People are prone to make assumptions before knowing all of the facts. I remember some good advice I got from a veteran soon after I began my career. He said, "always remember assume can make an ass out of u and me."

I did got rejected from NYU after an interview. I got into Tufts, UPitt and Meharry though.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU never granted me an interview, but I got accepted to Columbia University. NYU sounds pretty picky to me.

LAGIRL

The first time I applied to dental schools (for fall of 2001), I was rejected from NYU. I know others also...I wish people would stop believing all these rumors. Seriously, there are 100's of threads on here about this, just do a search. :mad:

I got into NYU a couple of days after the interview but probably won't go there because it's soooo expensive. I wouldn't mind going there if all schools costed the same. The school seemed fine and the city is great of course. I was a little concerned about the class size and whether or not I would get the attention I needed from faculty but it seems fine. The coolest thing is that the texts are all on dvd. Plus, they've got new classrooms and are continuing to renovate.

hi all:
whoever said that is wrong...I got rejected from there...

Everyone who applies to NYU and is QUALIFIED, will have the opportunity to be accepted! No dental school admission is guaranteed or given! :cool: NYU is a great school! :cool: