NYU Interview call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistcta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone heard from NYU?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi anyone heard from NYU?

Not for interview....But I got an email yesterday as an acknowledgement for my application........It's been two month to apply there & didn't hear anything.......Hopefully, we will hear some calls soon.........NYU is my last hope :xf:.....

Let's keep fingers crossed n hope for the magic call

Members don't see this ad :)
not heard from NYU still. even my last hope
got rejections from eveywhere. waiting to hear the magic call.

I called up the Admissions and they said they will start sending the invitations for Iv from 15th dec....so we have to wait until then .. its literally killing me now .. ;-(

not heard from NYU still. even my last hope
got rejections from eveywhere. waiting to hear the magic call.

I called up the Admissions and they said they will start sending the invitations for Iv from 15th dec....so we have to wait until then .. its literally killing me now .. ;-(

Thanks for sharing the information DocSur.........Don't be harsh on yourself.....Magical call will totally remove all your pain :).

Did anybody get application completion or under review email this week??

I got a call from Ms Mara today and she asked me if I could interview next Tuesday that is the 14th December. It appears that they are interviewing their regular DDS batch right now and have some spots open for advanced placement interviews. I unfortunately will not be able to make it and refused. So someone else will soon get called. Also, she told me that their regular interviews for the advanced placement start January 2011..

All the best to everyone.

Did anybody get application completion or under review email this week??

Congratulations missyofgzc & prerna24 for interview call......Can you guys share your stats please??

Its great to know that they have started calling.

If they are starting interviews for Advanced placement in Jan 2011 how come they have called some for next week for the same ?

Anyways..I too am waiting for a call and hopefully they call all those who are waiting soon!

@prerna24...hi,want to know that if u say u cant make it on a certain day,do they cancel the interview or reschedule it on another day.

Members don't see this ad :)
They said they will not hold this against me and call me later when they start their official interviews in Jan.
I am from New York but already got admitted to a 2 year program elsewhere.Its just because I love the city, I might go for at least the interview.

@prerna24...hi,want to know that if u say u cant make it on a certain day,do they cancel the interview or reschedule it on another day.

I have the same question for thinktank1986. Why do you think this way???

Hi everybody, I got today the email for IV from NYU. I'm going to decline the IV (I'm accepted to PENN ;) ) so somebody is going to get my spot for the IV. See ya.

Wow missyofgzc, you really got great score.......well, good luck.
Hey why someone with 93 on the board exam will go to NYU a 3 year school and about 300.000 if you can get into a 2 year program for less money. Just curious, strange isn't.

I got the interview call too....for this Tuesday or Jan otherwise. Unfortunately Tuesday is already booked, so Jan 6th it is!

Hi everybody, I got today the email for IV from NYU. I'm going to decline the IV (I'm accepted to PENN ;) ) so somebody is going to get my spot for the IV. See ya.

congratulations.
can you plz tell, when did you apply ?

I got the interview call too....for this Tuesday or Jan otherwise. Unfortunately Tuesday is already booked, so Jan 6th it is!

Congratulations druid wicked.......Can you share your stats please?? Good luck for your interview.........

congratulations.
can you plz tell, when did you apply ?[/QUOTE
July-August, I applied to 10 schools. Dont remember the date but was before Aug 31 cause that is the deadline for PENN. I got my application complete I think sometimes end of September. Hope this helps.

Hi folks, I got an invitation too. And my status is not so fancy(89/104/3.62). Anyway, i am on my way to recline the offer, going to another school. So have faith and good luck everybody!

Actually I already received an acceptance from a 2 year program. But my families are in NY, so they want me to go to NYU
Hey why someone with 93 on the board exam will go to NYU a 3 year school and about 300.000 if you can get into a 2 year program for less money. Just curious, strange isn't.

.gud luck to all those who are going thru dis crazy phase just like me

Last edited:
i think only few ppl got IV this time.. as to fill those seats in the regular DDS batch.. so for major part we all will be invited starting from jan... for International dental applicants per se.

Any idea till when they keep calling for IV and usually how batch they call ppl for interview?

Hi my interview is scheduled to be on ethe 7th january.I am from Dallas tx and would appreciate any help regarding the process(dress code/accomodation/what to expect during the interview etc.)..Thankyou:)

what makes you think they were easy last year?
it is one of the top universities and getting a seat in nyu is not easy, it has never been easy.
:(
good luck to all for interviews.:thumbup:

it is easy because the program size is 140 students, comapre to 3-10 in other schools, plus it is 3 years, and the coast is too much, so few people would be applying and more people would be accepted.

I got a call from Ms Mara today and she asked me if I could interview next Tuesday that is the 14th December. It appears that they are interviewing their regular DDS batch right now and have some spots open for advanced placement interviews. I unfortunately will not be able to make it and refused. So someone else will soon get called. Also, she told me that their regular interviews for the advanced placement start January 2011..

All the best to everyone.

can u plz tell whether u got a phone call or an email..

Did anybody get call today????

hey , did anybody receive application completion mail?
@mvyr: i had gotten their mail regarding the receipt of my appli. thru caapid too ...........please those who have been invited, can they plz tell whether they got that mail too or not?

and yes.. is it that they always call up for an interview and not send an E-mail ??

even I have doubt..do they call or send us an email??

in the application complete mail they said they will email, havent got any yet. they said my app has been forwarded to the review committee. lets hope for the best.

They send emails usually . They only call you if your interview is scheduled at a very notice.

i think only few ppl got IV this time.. as to fill those seats in the regular DDS batch.. so for major part we all will be invited starting from jan... for International dental applicants per se.

Any idea till when they keep calling for IV and usually how batch they call ppl for interview?
I emailed Ms MARA and she told me they will be interviewing around 13 people at a time.

I got application completion & under review email this morning. It is mentioned that interview will be conducted from January through march..........Just wanted to update the information on the thread for who are waiting here to hear from NYU.......

i got applicaton complete and review email in sep . nothing after that. Does nyu iinvites for interview in email or phone call?

thanks toothfairyqueen and mvyr! waiting and waiting and yet waiting.....:sleep:

nyu is like the worst when it comes to responding to our queries. very very poor in terms of response. may be bcoz of lack of time

I got a phone call from Mara first, and then she sent me emails regarding interview details.
In NYU each applicant only meets with one interviewer, and my interviewer only asked me three questions: 1, why come to the US, 2, are you willing to do any specialty training after graduation, 3, any questions for me, real quick process, and the interview ended around 12:00--12:30. So everybody just relax and be yourself. Good luck!
i got applicaton complete and review email in sep . nothing after that. Does nyu iinvites for interview in email or phone call?

I got a phone call from Mara first, and then she sent me emails regarding interview details.
In NYU each applicant only meets with one interviewer, and my interviewer only asked me three questions: 1, why come to the US, 2, are you willing to do any specialty training after graduation, 3, any questions for me, real quick process, and the interview ended around 12:00--12:30. So everybody just relax and be yourself. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with us missyofgzc.....can you tell us how many students were there?

My batch included 16 people...and most of them are applying for regular DDS program.
Thanks for sharing your interview experience with us missyofgzc.....can you tell us how many students were there?