NYU Interview call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi,when you found your applicaiton fee check was deposited by NYU since it's received by NYU?
I sent my applicaiton with the check one month ago. I haven't seen the it's taken from my bank account.

Members don't see this ad.

@make it: i submitted supplemental documents in october earlier than the caapid application which reached them by oct.end...............and my money order wasn't cashed till end december...................so patience my dear!!!!!!!!! they won't let go of this money:laugh:

hi,when you found your applicaiton fee check was deposited by NYU since it's received by NYU?
I sent my applicaiton with the check one month ago. I haven't seen the it's taken from my bank account.

cashing the check does not mean any thing other than they got the money, the confirmation email that your application material is complete is important then you need to wait and pray for the interview call/email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it just me or anyone else also has not yet received their application completion mail. I am starting to get worried that everyone has got the application completion mail except me. If anyone else is on same boat ,who has still not got the application completion mail.. plz post..

Did anyone get an interview call for NYU'S advanced placement DDS program?
If So, could any one please let us know the score details, GPA and when was the application sent?
Regarding My application to NYU, It was sent in october end. I am Eagerly waiting for the NYU's ''Application complete'' mail from them and also their interview call?
And finally could anyone let us know the latest news from NYU's AP program?
Thank You.

Last edited:
Finally, got application complete mail on the 4th of jan......................this is really nerve wrecking how most of the ppl are silent about interview invitations.......:confused:
@reaching4stars: could you or somebody else elaborate a little about continuing education programs? the ones i found out about are too expensive, each one for 1500$ and plus????

if you have a dental school nearby you can check their website for CE programs (they range from $60-any amount depending on the type of courses)...aslo hands on courses are expensive..you can even do online courses which are cheaper from any dental school website.If you are an assistant the course fee is lesser:)

hey reaching 4 star
thanks for info. were all the 13 candidates for AP DDS Program or there were regular DDS candidates also invited on the same day?

we were all AP candidates.

Is it just me or anyone else also has not yet received their application completion mail. I am starting to get worried that everyone has got the application completion mail except me. If anyone else is on same boat ,who has still not got the application completion mail.. plz post..
mtr: believe you me, it happened with me too, i had started to get the same feeling.............but please i urge you not to worry and call them immediately . The day i was about to call them ,fortunately i got the application completion mail.............. don't lose hope friend:thumbup:

if you have a dental school nearby you can check their website for CE programs (they range from $60-any amount depending on the type of courses)...aslo hands on courses are expensive..you can even do online courses which are cheaper from any dental school website.If you are an assistant the course fee is lesser:)
thanks a lot, appreciate your response..................good luck with the acceptance letter:thumbup:

Did anyone got an interview call for NYU'S advanced placement DDS program?
If So could you please let us know the score, GPA and when was the application sent?
Regarding My application to NYU, It was sent in october end. I am Eagerly waiting for the NYU's ''Application complete'' mail from them and also their interview call?
And finally could anyone let us know the latest news from NYU's AP program?
Thank You.
sigma11: the best thing would be to call them . The other option is waiting patiently ( easier said than done) .........good luck :thumbup:

@ georgia doc

Thanks alot. think will wait this week and call them up on monday.

@ georgia doc

Thanks alot. think will wait this week and call them up on monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
sigma11: the best thing would be to call them . The other option is waiting patiently ( easier said than done) .........good luck :thumbup:

Dear georgis doc, could you plz tell when was your application sent and when did you get the 'application complete' mail? what's your score and other statistics. Thank you

I havent't got "application complete" email yet too...
I called them on 5 th Jan,they told me that they received my documents and I should wait for email with kind of confirmation.
So...I'm waiting...

Dear georgis doc, could you plz tell when was your application sent and when did you get the 'application complete' mail? what's your score and other statistics. Thank you
caapid application reached them end oct,and i got the completion mail on 4th of jan..........long wait.......84/103/3.79.......3yrs exp .in home country /currently shadowing a general dentist here.

I got application complete email in october, after that nothing like for review or anything. :xf:

I havent't got "application complete" email yet too...
I called them on 5 th Jan,they told me that they received my documents and I should wait for email with kind of confirmation.
So...I'm waiting...

Hi svetlana,
When was your application sent to NYU and could you please let us know your scores?

I am so worried its my last hope after being waitlisted everywhere.

I would like to know your scores as it looks that u are waitlisted in other Universities. Good luck for NYU.

part1:85
gpa:3.89
worked in india for 1 yr
observership :1yr
dental assistant currently
lots of continuing education course and volunteering

can you please tell when did u send the application to NYU and
when did u receive 'application confirmation' mail and interview mail?

Hi Sigma,
thanx for best wishes, Good luck to you too:thumbup: I am too frustated now, yes i was waitlisted only, last hope is nyu

I would like to know your scores as it looks that u are waitlisted in other Universities. Good luck for NYU.

Last edited:
anyone who got an interview invitation after holidays i.e in jan pls let us know...

Well i couldn't wait longer.. so i called up.. this is wat i got to know - there are lot of applications they are still going through and will inform each of us, as and when they come to our applications.. we need to wait :mad:

I also wanna know same, so wen i called in nyu, guy gave me same answer: commette is reviewing and will send interviews accordingly.

anyone who got an interview invitation after holidays i.e in jan pls let us know...

I'm going to NY fore interview January 18. Is here anyone that has the interview on that date I got my invitation before Christmas.

Hi firstmolar congrtulations for the i/v. If i am not wrong, were you accepted in upenn too

I'm going to NY fore interview January 18. Is here anyone that has the interview on that date I got my invitation before Christmas.

SVETLANA, lets meet! My name is Eugen, I am from Ukraine (Kharkov). And I`m going to enter NYU dental int.program. If you want to comunicate email me [email protected] I am always drawn to countryman :)

Is there anyone who got invitation from NYU after new year?

can you please tell when did u send the application to NYU and
when did u receive 'application confirmation' mail and interview mail?

I sent my application in mid october and application compleete email was sent to me in late November.I got interview invitation in second week of december! Hope that helps:)

could you tell me what kind of questions were asked and who took your iv?

thanks

They asked me about my experience back in school, the kind of patient work i did, questions about my resume.Not at all stressfull or something you can really prepare...most of us were asked general stuff....

They asked me about my experience back in school, the kind of patient work i did, questions about my resume.Not at all stressfull or something you can really prepare...most of us were asked general stuff....

Hi,
can you tell us whats your toefl score?

Did they told you when they are going to release your result for the interview?

U said most of us were asked general Que.. were there any Que apart from general for someone ??

U said most of us were asked general Que.. were there any Que apart from general for someone ??

If you go to the interview feedback section on sdn and click nyu dental you will see a long list of questions asked in the interview...they helped me a lot...and those were the questions generally asked....

Does anyone know till when do they send out invitation??

Anybody got call today??

@mtr
did u get an invitation frm nyu?

I havnt yet received application completion mail... :mad:

I got an acknowledgment of application items mail , stating my notorized copy of degree is required to complete my application. I have already mailed it to them and it has reached them, seems they haven't opened my mail yet. God knows what to do now.. any idea's ??

Last edited:
Best way is to call them and request them to check your status.

did anyone got any IV call from NYU in Jan ??? please share ur stats and IV date.. please...