NYU MS in Oral biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justwishin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the Fall 2008 Applicants cycle, but i'd like to have a back-up plan seeing that my stats aren't stellar (and i've already gotten a few rejections). I was looking into Masters programs, because completion of one seems to be the key to impress some adm comittees, and came across a few. It's too late to apply for the UCLA MS in Oral Biology, and a few others, but it seems that the one at NYU accepts applications year round. I was just wondering if anyone is actually in this program, and what they think of it. Does where you obtain a masters also really affect your application (like, if some schools are not ranked as high for that department). I believe the NYU program can be either thesis or didactic oriented. If not, can anyone else suggest a some other MS programs in Oral Biology?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

did you apply to NYUCD? i think i may have read that you cannot apply to one of their graduate programs if you've already been rejected by another one of their schools in a given year--or something to that effect. just as an fyi.

Yea, I did apply to NYUCD. However, I looked over the program requirements/description for the master's program (it says it generally takes 2 years for anyone who's interested, but can be completed in an earlier time frame), and it didn't list any restrictions about applying if you've been rejected to another program. I'll call them just to make sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I did apply to NYUCD. However, I looked over the program requirements/description for the master's program (it says it generally takes 2 years for anyone who's interested, but can be completed in an earlier time frame), and it didn't list any restrictions about applying if you've been rejected to another program. I'll call them just to make sure. Thanks for the heads up.

let me know if it turns out not to be the case, as it is something that i was considering as well. seems like a good program.

Is that the MS from the dental school? Because I'm pretty sure you need a doctorate to enter that program. I could be wrong.

The MS is from their graduate program, not dental school. Bachelor's is fine, given completion of the prereq's, letters of recs, and DAT in place of GRE as well. Anyone else apply or currently completing any other master's programs in Oral Bio? Is an MS in Health Sciences better or ORal Bio?

Anyone else apply or currently completing any other master's programs in Oral Bio? Is an MS in Health Sciences better or ORal Bio?

I would like to know this as well. MS in health sci or oral bio - what's more impressive?

did you apply to NYUCD? i think i may have read that you cannot apply to one of their graduate programs if you've already been rejected by another one of their schools in a given year--or something to that effect. just as an fyi.

here is the link to where i read this. this is about taking classes as a visiting student, but now i am unsure if it applies to the masters' programs as well. did you ever call to find out?

http://admissions.nyu.edu/applying.for.admissions/visiting/