NYU or Einstein?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYU or Einstein?

• NYU

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Einstein

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters

Chirurgien

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any SDNer out there pick one over the other? Please share your thoughts and why/how you decided. Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

While I have since come off the WL elsewhere, I originally decided to go to NYU over Einstein, mainly for the reasons people give elsewhere. Location was big, facilities and money struck me as significantly better at NYU, and I felt much more at home at NYU than at Einstein. I also had a terrible experience at Einstein, where my interviewer decided to ask if I had a learning disability because one of my grades was incongruous. This made her hand-written note seem slightly disingenous. In general, Einstein struck me as run-down, in the middle of nowhere (relatively), and inferior research-wise and clinically. Finally, NYU is attached to what I would consider a more major undergrad university, allowing better extracurricular opportunities, if that's what you're into.

Hope that helps.

Of course, most people would choose NYU over Einstein because of
1. location and 2. name to brag about to family and friends.

Rather, try to compare the quality of the schools. I've made this decision myself, but eventually chose MSSM over these 2 schools.

Einstein is renowned to have better research than NYU. NYU is better at clinical stuff.