NYU or UBC for MA in counselling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nicolevig

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been accepted into the MA in Counseling psych at UBC (vancouver) and also at NYU. I am trying to decide which school should I go to. I would appreciate if someone who has gone to NYU could give me some relevant information in regard to their experience as grad students at nyu. How personalized are the programs? Is there opportunity to establish a mentorship relationship with some of the professors? How is the academic life at NYU?

Members don't see this ad.

I have recently been accepted into the MA in Counseling psych at UBC (vancouver) and also at NYU. I am trying to decide which school should I go to. I would appreciate if someone who has gone to NYU could give me some relevant information in regard to their experience as grad students at nyu. How personalized are the programs? Is there opportunity to establish a mentorship relationship with some of the professors? How is the academic life at NYU?

I went to NYU as an undergrad. Fantastic school, great professors. Awesome location, safe, fun. I know nothing about Vancouver-but NYU is a great school.

I heard UBC counseling psych program is one of the best along with OISE-University of Toronto's program in Canada