NYU or USC, which one would cost more?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

norouz1383!!!

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you know which ones gonna cost more in the next four years

include tuition housing and personal expenses (not spend too much money on luxury items in either city):

NYU or USC

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure USC would cost more. NYU has SUBSIDIZED housing and you don't need a car of course. Buying food and such in Manhattan is probably more expensive, but overall NYU would still be cheaper.

USC's 36K a year and the rent that most people pays is 550-650$ a month to live in Monterrey Hills. So that's 42,600 to 43,800 a year for just room and board.

Members don't see this ad :)
i guess another question of mine is how much is USC's tuition going to rise over the next 4yrs as compared to NYU.

I think tuition wise USC is a bit more but it seems like with all the fees and stuff NYU has it could end up being more expensive. Especially if NYU raises their tuition. Is this true?

Originally posted by norouz1383!!!
i guess another question of mine is how much is USC's tuition going to rise over the next 4yrs as compared to NYU.

I think tuition wise USC is a bit more but it seems like with all the fees and stuff NYU has it could end up being more expensive. Especially if NYU raises their tuition. Is this true?

Who cares if the tuition is more expensive. It will cost alot more to go to USC either way. How much do you have to pay per month for rent at NYU? About 350?

Do you already own a car?

i guess what people are saying is that it comes down to a cost of living issue?

it'd be cool to live in the village for 4 years for 350/mo. if i had known NYU offered that, i would've applied.

Originally posted by Mr. Rosewater
it'd be cool to live in the village for 4 years for 350/mo. if i had known NYU offered that, i would've applied.

I'm not sure if its exactly 350, but the housing situation is similar to Cornell and there it is 350.

a) NYU Med's not in the village. That's the undergrad campus which in actuality is all over the city but focussed in Wash Sq

b) Housing is about $600 for their dorm with communal bathrooms and $800 for a shared room in their apt bldg across the street. I stayed there for my interview and thought it wasn't half bad.

c) Cornell prides themeslves that you can live on the Upper East Side (one of the most expensive zip codes in America) and still pay under $500.

d) Weird thought: NYU undergrad doesnt have any communcal bathrooms, why would only med students get this setup?

someone told me jokingly, the purpose of the communcal bathrooms are to get used to seeing lots of naked people of both sexes, attractive & unattractive all the time. You'll get very comfortable and it will help you grow as a med student

350 a month in Manhatten??? That's pretty friggen amazing if true. As for our tuition, it has held steady for as long as I can remember (5 years, at least) with about 200-300 tuition raises every year. We were the third most expensive school, now I think we are about 20th mostly because other schools have caught us. But we have a good foundation (forgot the name) so I wouldn't expect any tuition increases over the next four years. (Our financies are stable)

Originally posted by Jalby
350 a month in Manhatten??? That's pretty friggen amazing if true. As for our tuition, it has held steady for as long as I can remember (5 years, at least) with about 200-300 tuition raises every year. We were the third most expensive school, now I think we are about 20th mostly because other schools have caught us. But we have a good foundation (forgot the name) so I wouldn't expect any tuition increases over the next four years. (Our financies are stable)

Its 100% true. Cornell is the deal of the century.

600 for NYU, that's not bad either. Its a better location when compared to Cornell in terms of things to do.