Should I submit my primary early or wait for more post bace grades?

Started by gm300
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gm300

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying this cycle and currently working through a post bacc to boost my GPA. By the end of June, I'll have 18 semester credits completed, and by the end of July, I'll have 26 total post bacc credits. My completed credits before June are fewer than 10.

My question is: should I go ahead and add the classes as in progress, submit my primary early (early June), and then send updates and transcripts with the new grades to schools as they come in (for those that accept updates)?

Or would it be smarter to wait until late June or even July to submit the primary so schools see a more complete academic picture from the start?

For more context, my cumulative and science GPA are both above 3.0 but below 3.4, so these post bacc classes were much needed. I also have an upward trend with strong performance in my upper-division bio classes.


Any insight is appreciated, and good luck to everyone applying this year!