NYU--recommended texts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scamac01

SDN Donor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm starting NYU this fall and I know we're going to have the VitalBook but I'm curious if anyone uses a regular text book instead of the VitalBook for some classes. Reading from the computer can prove challenging at times (except for performing a search for a specific topic) so I was interested to know if anyone can recommend any supplementary or just generally useful texts that can be used.
Thanks!
Stacy

Members don't see this ad.

At NYU, you don't read textbooks. There are transcripts and class notes. Some people use the board review books for the science classes. The only real book you really need is the bible of anatomy, Atlas of human anatomy by netters.
I think they put in on vital book so if you have a color printer you can print the pictures, Otherwise it's only 50$.

arazi2000 said:
At NYU, you don't read textbooks. There are transcripts and class notes. Some people use the board review books for the science classes. The only real book you really need is the bible of anatomy, Atlas of human anatomy by netters.
I think they put in on vital book so if you have a color printer you can print the pictures, Otherwise it's only 50$.

Well, not really. My class will no longer have transcripts. The school has banned them for the class of 2007. I guess we will read upper classmans transcript if we could get a hold of them.

So you ask why did they ban transcripts...too many students passed this year :D Just kidding, its the opposite. They blammed lower test avg's in my class on students reliance on transcripts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Brocnizer2007 said:
Well, not really. My class will no longer have transcripts. The school has banned them for the class of 2007. I guess we will read upper classmans transcript if we could get a hold of them.

So you ask why did they ban transcripts...too many students passed this year :D Just kidding, its the opposite. They blammed lower test avg's in my class on students reliance on transcripts.

er if nyu bans transcripts, what do students study off of now?? i heard vitalbook pretty much SUCKS, transcripts are gone, no textbooks...so the only thing left is..class notes? wouldnt this lower the scores even further?

Now that they banned the transcripts, the students have to go to the class. Thier next mission is to make classes mandatory. B/c the lecturers supposedly spend too much time making the powerpoints and noone shows up to the lectures. so they are pissed off.

You can always study from the upper classmates' transcrpits and also make sure you buy all the old exams from copycom, b/c nyu is trying to close the store.

is copycom the one on 26th street?

Brocnizer2007 said:
is copycom the one on 26th street?
yah it is. plus get an access to the 2006 transcript site and download everythin just in case they wont let you use it next year.

I've never heard of this--what is copycom and where can I find it/get access to it?

Thanks!

arazi2000 said:
yah it is. plus get an access to the 2006 transcript site and download everythin just in case they wont let you use it next year.
What's the website url?

How do we find this site?