NYU Secondary - character limit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runner_researcher

Reaction score
Does anyone know the word/character limit for the NYU secondaries? It seems that in previous years the third question (What unique qualities or experiences do you possess...) has a 2,500 character limit, but I do not see anything for the other questions. Should I just assume there is no character limit?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m wondering the same thing and prewriting. Definitely don’t assume there’s no limit. Im assuming 2500 again but am ready to cut or expand in case they release a different number.
I’m just not sure if this was an oversight or if they don’t want us to be TOO ready to prewrite and submit as soon as we get them so they’re keeping us on our toes with characters

Here's a related question: is it bad to write less than 2,500? For some of the questions, like "If you took time off what did you do", I feel there's less to say than, for example "What will you contribute to the NYU community". Is it okay to write succinctly, or is it considered bad form/lack of enthusiasm? Thanks.

I saw on the NYU specific thread that someone got a response from NYU admissions that each was 2500.