NYU Secondary ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bunsen Honeydew

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just added NYU to my AMCAS list (I know, I know I'm an idiot!) the other day (way late). I'm not sure I'll get a secondary, but if I do, I want to get it out to them ASAP. Can anyone tell me what their essay question(s) are, if they have any? If you don't want to post, feel free to PM me.

Muchas gracias!!

BH

Members don't see this ad.

just an optional essay for any physical/emotional issues that may have affected your life or academic success. something like that.

Bunsen Honeydew said:
Hey, I just added NYU to my AMCAS list (I know, I know I'm an idiot!) the other day (way late). I'm not sure I'll get a secondary, but if I do, I want to get it out to them ASAP. Can anyone tell me what their essay question(s) are, if they have any? If you don't want to post, feel free to PM me.

Muchas gracias!!

BH

NYU screens, so I woudln't worry about it until you get one. Like the above poster said, its only one essay (emotional stress), adding grades/biographical information, and sending a check. :D

-tx

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if NYU has started giving out interviews yet. I'm a california resident so I really havent been following whats going on with the east coast schools. And for those of you more familiar with NYU, do you know thier acceptance rates. I bought the us news things and I think it listed it as >20% which seems a bit ridiculous. Thanks.

lakersfan said:
Does anyone know if NYU has started giving out interviews yet. I'm a california resident so I really havent been following whats going on with the east coast schools. And for those of you more familiar with NYU, do you know thier acceptance rates. I bought the us news things and I think it listed it as >20% which seems a bit ridiculous. Thanks.

yea does anyone know?

lakersfan said:

I think they have been giving out interviews for a while. Check out the interview thread. Are you saying greater than 20% accept rate is high or low? It seems a bit too high for me considering NYU is one of the most popular schools around.

Still waiting on my NYU interview...

yeah, i think there was an error in the US News book on NYU acceptances. I would just ignore it.

txguy said:
NYU screens, so I woudln't worry about it until you get one. Like the above poster said, its only one essay (emotional stress), adding grades/biographical information, and sending a check. :D

-tx

The essay question is optional though, right? (IF you had physical/emotional problems...) It's like those questions that ask if you have anything else to add to your application, i.e., if you come from a disadvantaged background, etc.

I don't know if I should answer it. Do people generally answer it?

em31 said:
The essay question is optional though, right? (IF you had physical/emotional problems...) It's like those questions that ask if you have anything else to add to your application, i.e., if you come from a disadvantaged background, etc.

I don't know if I should answer it. Do people generally answer it?

i answered it, but i had something obvious & important to say on the topic. it's not a "how are you special" question, it's a "did you have problems in college" question--the wording is fairly unambiguous, if i recall correctly. if you didn't, i wouldn't answer it.