NYU sent me an EMPTY small envelope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:( nothing in it. 100% empty

Members don't see this ad.

What the heck!?

Wow... call them and ask what that was about? I think I have a feeling... but better to try and get an official answer first.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow... call them and ask what that was about? I think I have a feeling... but better to try and get an official answer first.

cant tell me anything on phone... only send out another.... maybe i should just hop on a train....

I am devastated... I want to hop on a train right now and go see... :( Should I get dressed nicely and go in and meet with them.

This was my only interview.. and I have a young child, and I just feel like this is terrible news for my family...

Trying not to get too down

cant tell me anything on phone... only send out another.... maybe i should just hop on a train....

I am devastated... I want to hop on a train right now and go see... :( Should I get dressed nicely and go in and meet with them.

This was my only interview.. and I have a young child, and I just feel like this is terrible news for my family...

Trying not to get too down

The size matters.....according to some SDNers :luck:

empty envelope....
thats cruel
good luck!!!!!:love:

am i the only small enveloper here? wow, i feel terrible right now.

i'll probably be SDNing from the train

Argh, now they cant give my my status in person either.... :scared:

Soooo they said they should email me by the end of the day, then mail it again.

Argh, now they cant give my my status in person either.... :scared:

Soooo they said they should email me by the end of the day, then mail it again.

Sorry to hear that! I know how you feel especially after receiving the empty envelope! Hang in there...There are many applicants who go to their first choice and space open up for you.

Sorry to hear that! I know how you feel especially after receiving the empty envelope! Hang in there...There are many applicants who go to their first choice and space open up for you.

if its not a rejection :scared:

thats my worse fear

sorry to hear about that,

have you heard anything from the other schools you applied to? your DAT scores are good :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty sure that it is harder to get a rejection letter
that getting an acceptance, once you have an interview.

or..

am I in self-denial,,,,,,,
for my upcoming interview at NYU on Dec.12.....
:scared::scared:

Anyways, I hope you get good news!

sorry to hear about that,

have you heard anything from the other schools you applied to? your DAT scores are good :)

thanks for the complement of my scores

Nope... someone UMDNJ told my father (ugh! dont ask, its a buddy of his) that word is I am "not competitive" but that was back in the summer and he basically told me to expect a rejection.... but i havent gotten one yet.

Nothing from Temple or Columbia though.

I just feel in love with NYU, and I can really see myself being happy there.

thanks for the complement of my scores

Nope... someone UMDNJ told my father (ugh! dont ask, its a buddy of his) that word is I am "not competitive" but that was back in the summer and he basically told me to expect a rejection.... but i havent gotten one yet.

Nothing from Temple or Columbia though.

I just feel in love with NYU, and I can really see myself being happy there.

Aww, I hope everything works out for you!! I have a family with a young child too and I know how much it means to you and your family. Goodluck and everything will work out in the long run. Try to stay positive.

Sorry to hear that, it's terrible mistake from NYU. Cant play with someone's feeling like that. It's life or death there.

I didn't get any letters from NYU today :(

Only acceptances and waitlist letters where sent on Dec 1 from NYU, rejections will be sent later so there is still hope.

Only acceptances and waitlist letters where sent on Dec 1 from NYU, rejections will be sent later so there is still hope.

Thats not what they told me... but I do hope that is the case...

actually I hope they had me on a waitlist but at the last min decided to let me in... so they grabbed my waitlist letter... and threw it away (to prepare my acceptance letter), but somehow the envelope got mailed....:D wishful thinking..i should know in a matter of a few hours

When were you at NYU for your interview, I think I was there too. Did we talk about your Russian friend?

When were you at NYU for your interview, I think I was there too. Did we talk about your Russian friend?

hum... we could have... i have a few russian friends, polish too... my one friend is in poland studying medicine... it may have been that...

I was there sept 25th :) Whoooo are you ? :)

If that's the case than you probably got a waitlist.

...and did you seriously only apply to 4 schools?? :(

If that's the case than you probably got a waitlist.

...and did you seriously only apply to 4 schools?? :(

yup, im married w/ a child, we have a lovely home, and my husband has a wonderful job... there is no way we can move... I also need both of our families for support while going to dental school (someone to pick up the kiddo if I'm running late and such, and take him to the park so i can study.. yay for grandparents)

daydream good luck, i hope you get in!!

hey daydream just have some hope...

i live in ohio and i still haven't got the mail.:(
anyone?

my stat:
sci:20 bio:20,chem:23,org:19.
aa:20 math:21,read:18.
pat:23
gpa:3.4

3.1 GPA, with average DAT scores.

It was a waitlist envelope. I don't think NYU rejects people this early in the cycle. The letter I received last year was a small waitlist envelope that asked me to keep them posted on my progress through the year.

WAITLISTED..... i guess it was the best outcome with a small envelope... somehow i was just hoping this was all a mix up...

I guess after all the drama i shouldnt call up... but I kind of wanna know where I sit on the waitlist... maybe ill wait a few days.. although it did say... "Feel free to call me if you have any further questions."

Last edited:
At NYU a waitlist is almost as good as an acceptance because of the high probability that people will choose another cheaper school

At NYU a waitlist is almost as good as an acceptance because of the high probability that people will choose another cheaper school

true true.. good luck!

Don't lose hope! You're probably near the top of the waitlist, and lots of people will probably decline because of $$. :luck:

Another tidbit to raise your hopes a little.

NYU will only interview about 800 people from there over 500 acceptances will be handed out before the class starts next August. This is still so early in the game I can almost promise you that you will get in.

sept 25th

I think we interviewed together. you had an interviewer who was not very nice, right? Keep believing, you'll get in. I still haven't heard anything from NYU.:thumbup:

ouch, small envelope, waitlisted here too.
great school, wish i had that letter, guess i'll have to wait til jan 15th also. right there with you daydream!

Dont give up hope! I think zorie is right, as people get into other schools they may pick cheaper alternatives and spots will open up! Keep us posted and good luck!!

A waitlist is something to be very proud of! :) I'm hoping you are on the top of that list.

Waitlist is still better than rejection. It's still horrid that you got an empty envelope. What a way to give you a ton of anticipation and panic.

Daydream wish you the best, don't give up!!!!:)

You got the empty envelope. I think is an Italian message.... look it up..

Another tidbit to raise your hopes a little.

NYU will only interview about 800 people from there over 500 acceptances will be handed out before the class starts next August. This is still so early in the game I can almost promise you that you will get in.

what? :confused:

I will be giving up my acceptance to NYU, so hopefully you will move off the waitlist and get that spot! Best of luck to you!

:( nothing in it. 100% empty

:laugh: LOL! I'm sorry but the title to this post just caught my eye... That is so hilariously messed up. Wow- it's like they're trying to play mind games with you.

I am sorry to hear this... best of luck with you!!!