What the heck!?

Flipper405

"Excessive" flosser
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
Dentist
Wow... call them and ask what that was about? I think I have a feeling... but better to try and get an official answer first.

About the Ads

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Wow... call them and ask what that was about? I think I have a feeling... but better to try and get an official answer first.
cant tell me anything on phone... only send out another.... maybe i should just hop on a train....

I am devastated... I want to hop on a train right now and go see... :( Should I get dressed nicely and go in and meet with them.

This was my only interview.. and I have a young child, and I just feel like this is terrible news for my family...

Trying not to get too down

visbimmer79

Cornellian
10+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2008
Seoul, Korea
Status
Dental Student
cant tell me anything on phone... only send out another.... maybe i should just hop on a train....

I am devastated... I want to hop on a train right now and go see... :( Should I get dressed nicely and go in and meet with them.

This was my only interview.. and I have a young child, and I just feel like this is terrible news for my family...

Trying not to get too down
The size matters.....according to some SDNers :luck:

pay5407

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
empty envelope....
thats cruel
good luck!!!!!:love:

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
am i the only small enveloper here? wow, i feel terrible right now.

i'll probably be SDNing from the train

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Argh, now they cant give my my status in person either.... :scared:

Soooo they said they should email me by the end of the day, then mail it again.

ROSE1010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Argh, now they cant give my my status in person either.... :scared:

Soooo they said they should email me by the end of the day, then mail it again.
Sorry to hear that! I know how you feel especially after receiving the empty envelope! Hang in there...There are many applicants who go to their first choice and space open up for you.

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Sorry to hear that! I know how you feel especially after receiving the empty envelope! Hang in there...There are many applicants who go to their first choice and space open up for you.
if its not a rejection :scared:

thats my worse fear

needa20

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2008
Status
Dental Student
sorry to hear about that,

have you heard anything from the other schools you applied to? your DAT scores are good :)

About the Ads

pay5407

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I am pretty sure that it is harder to get a rejection letter
that getting an acceptance, once you have an interview.

or..

am I in self-denial,,,,,,,
for my upcoming interview at NYU on Dec.12.....
:scared::scared:

Anyways, I hope you get good news!

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
sorry to hear about that,

have you heard anything from the other schools you applied to? your DAT scores are good :)
thanks for the complement of my scores

Nope... someone UMDNJ told my father (ugh! dont ask, its a buddy of his) that word is I am "not competitive" but that was back in the summer and he basically told me to expect a rejection.... but i havent gotten one yet.

Nothing from Temple or Columbia though.

I just feel in love with NYU, and I can really see myself being happy there.

klpennin

20/22/20
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
thanks for the complement of my scores

Nope... someone UMDNJ told my father (ugh! dont ask, its a buddy of his) that word is I am "not competitive" but that was back in the summer and he basically told me to expect a rejection.... but i havent gotten one yet.

Nothing from Temple or Columbia though.

I just feel in love with NYU, and I can really see myself being happy there.

Aww, I hope everything works out for you!! I have a family with a young child too and I know how much it means to you and your family. Goodluck and everything will work out in the long run. Try to stay positive.

oral09

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Sorry to hear that, it's terrible mistake from NYU. Cant play with someone's feeling like that. It's life or death there.

ZenoVT

Power Ranger
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I didn't get any letters from NYU today :(

robg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2004
Queens, NY
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Only acceptances and waitlist letters where sent on Dec 1 from NYU, rejections will be sent later so there is still hope.

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Only acceptances and waitlist letters where sent on Dec 1 from NYU, rejections will be sent later so there is still hope.
Thats not what they told me... but I do hope that is the case...

actually I hope they had me on a waitlist but at the last min decided to let me in... so they grabbed my waitlist letter... and threw it away (to prepare my acceptance letter), but somehow the envelope got mailed....:D wishful thinking..i should know in a matter of a few hours

RDAtoDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
When were you at NYU for your interview, I think I was there too. Did we talk about your Russian friend?

About the Ads

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
When were you at NYU for your interview, I think I was there too. Did we talk about your Russian friend?
hum... we could have... i have a few russian friends, polish too... my one friend is in poland studying medicine... it may have been that...

I was there sept 25th :) Whoooo are you ? :)

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
If that's the case than you probably got a waitlist.

...and did you seriously only apply to 4 schools?? :(
yup, im married w/ a child, we have a lovely home, and my husband has a wonderful job... there is no way we can move... I also need both of our families for support while going to dental school (someone to pick up the kiddo if I'm running late and such, and take him to the park so i can study.. yay for grandparents)

toothgyal

10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
hey daydream just have some hope...

kimnewcom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2008
Status
i live in ohio and i still haven't got the mail.:(
anyone?

my stat:
sci:20 bio:20,chem:23,org:19.
aa:20 math:21,read:18.
pat:23
gpa:3.4

Lopyswine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Chicago, IL
Status
Dental Student
3.1 GPA, with average DAT scores.

It was a waitlist envelope. I don't think NYU rejects people this early in the cycle. The letter I received last year was a small waitlist envelope that asked me to keep them posted on my progress through the year.

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
WAITLISTED..... i guess it was the best outcome with a small envelope... somehow i was just hoping this was all a mix up...

I guess after all the drama i shouldnt call up... but I kind of wanna know where I sit on the waitlist... maybe ill wait a few days.. although it did say... "Feel free to call me if you have any further questions."

Last edited:

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status
Dental Student
At NYU a waitlist is almost as good as an acceptance because of the high probability that people will choose another cheaper school

prydA

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
At NYU a waitlist is almost as good as an acceptance because of the high probability that people will choose another cheaper school
true true.. good luck!

About the Ads

Flipper405

"Excessive" flosser
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
Dentist
good point

good luck daydream46

zorie

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2008
Upstate NY
Status
Pre-Dental
Don't lose hope! You're probably near the top of the waitlist, and lots of people will probably decline because of $$. :luck:

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Another tidbit to raise your hopes a little.

NYU will only interview about 800 people from there over 500 acceptances will be handed out before the class starts next August. This is still so early in the game I can almost promise you that you will get in.

dr bojangles

10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2007
Status
Dental Student
ouch, small envelope, waitlisted here too.
great school, wish i had that letter, guess i'll have to wait til jan 15th also. right there with you daydream!

dentalmagnet

10+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2008
Status
A waitlist is something to be very proud of! :) I'm hoping you are on the top of that list.

Usagi654

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Waitlist is still better than rejection. It's still horrid that you got an empty envelope. What a way to give you a ton of anticipation and panic.

Mamona

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Daydream wish you the best, don't give up!!!!:)

trukini

10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
You got the empty envelope. I think is an Italian message.... look it up..

BlueToothBrush

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Another tidbit to raise your hopes a little.

NYU will only interview about 800 people from there over 500 acceptances will be handed out before the class starts next August. This is still so early in the game I can almost promise you that you will get in.
what? :confused:

gingivities

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2008
Status
I will be giving up my acceptance to NYU, so hopefully you will move off the waitlist and get that spot! Best of luck to you!

About the Ads