NYU sent me an EMPTY small envelope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just thought I would check back in and say... That day was insanely stressful... but the people at NYU were so amazingly apologetic and helpful.

In the end, I appreciate that waitlist sooo much more than I would have otherwise :)

I also wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and support.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey daydream, i feel your pain. Got the waitlist letter as well, and hoping its better than getting a rejection. I tried speaking with admissions regarding the waitlist, but they seem extremely busy around there. You got any info? Do they let you know how high you are on this list and when they will start going through the list?

If it makes you all feel any better I still haven't even got a letter in the mail from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another tidbit to raise your hopes a little.

NYU will only interview about 800 people from there over 500 acceptances will be handed out before the class starts next August. This is still so early in the game I can almost promise you that you will get in.

Hey Jake, were you told this figure by a member of the admissions office?

Thanks!

Hey Jake, were you told this figure by a member of the admissions office?

Thanks!

That's what I was told while on my interview. I believe it was at lunch and Brian was telling everyone to relax because by fact of being at the interview at that point in the cycle meant you had a great chance of an acceptance then spat out those numbers.

That's what I was told while on my interview. I believe it was at lunch and Brian was telling everyone to relax because by fact of being at the interview at that point in the cycle meant you had a great chance of an acceptance then spat out those numbers.

Hey Jake, thanks for the feedback. The reason I ask is because I'm on the waitlist and was told similar numbers by someone at lunch thte day of my interview. By chance do you remember if Brian was a young kid that was working on his master's in college administration and was working as part of the admissions office?

Thanks!

Last edited:
That's the guy

That's the guy

Awesome, I was pretty sure that was is but I wanted to confirm. He was really helpful to me at lunch and I wanted to thank him for it. By any chance do you remember his last name? He never said it at my interview.

Thanks man, congrats on your NYU acceptance. You set on going there?

I would call the office up and ask them or at least put in a good word verbally. I am 99% sure I will be at NYU next year, just have to get the aid figured out for next year and push paperwork for the Air Force 3 year scholarship.

Congrats on getting in! Ever since you started this thread I've been hoping you'd get in. Good for you.

Congrats on getting in! Ever since you started this thread I've been hoping you'd get in. Good for you.

Thank you. It feels so good! I'm going to be a dentist afterall! AHHH!

:D

Congrats Daydream I will see you in NYC

Thank you. It feels so good! I'm going to be a dentist afterall! AHHH!

:D

I am very happy for you, knowing your family situation. I will see you in NY and we will have a great time in school.

daydream how did u find out, by email package or telephone?. And if I am correct you were waitlisted for the dec 1st date. SO hopefully this might mean they are taking people off the waitlist. Congrats.

hey daydream, congrats what a crazy ordeal you had but finally made it. I was wondering what extra things you added to your file during the time you received the empty envelope to acceptance?

This has to be one of the coolest threads on this forum. Just watching someone getting all worked up, and then seeing her get accepted. Congrats. NYU is one of my top choices next cycle. I heard nothing but good about this program. Good luck.