NYU Vs Brigham

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NY78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering does anyone have any opinions as to where it is better to train in radiology, NYU or the Brigham??

Members don't see this ad.

Both NYU and Brigham and Women's are excellent places to train for radiology residency. You can't go wrong with both. Both are in very different cities of course so take that into consideration.

BWH has the Harvard name if that matters. In terms of access to research resources, I would say BWH has a slight edge although NYU now has a huge research enterprise going.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Both great programs. BWH may have an edge, but you are not also going wrong with NYU.

Both great programs. BWH may have an edge, but you are not also going wrong with NYU.

Avoid reading this trolls post. He's a FMG who trained at a community program and loves bashing top programs. BWH definitely has an edge over NYU. At the end go with your gut.

Last edited:
Do you have any questions?
Why radiology?
Why Boston?
Why BWH?
What's your favorite Pokémon and why?

Seconding the fact that BWH has a very chill interview day. It's on the longer side with 6 interviews at 15 minutes each.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed there last year. Very relaxed. Just like every other interview. Surprisingly down to earth given their reputation.

appreciate the input. Scottydawg, did you interview at B&W? From your previous posts, you mentioned you got rejected from BWH. Are you just trolling me?
Trolling you bro

Probably this is a little late in the application cycle and you guys know it better than me. But radiologists are VERY COOL people (obviously I am not biased !!!). Honestly, radiology interviews are easy. They just want to know whether you are a NORMAL person or not. Despite what people say about us, we are generally more sociable and have less conflicts than an average doctor.
Just be yourself and you will be fine. I bet your prelim interviews, esp if surgery are more difficult. BWH is known to be a friendly place to work at. Don't be overwhelmed by the name of any program. If you have made it to where you are and esp got an interview, you are more than qualified. Good Luck.