NYU vs. MWU-IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr_bubbles

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am trying to cut my list of acceptances down and was wondering where I should attend. If you had to choose between MWU-IL and NYU, which one would you pick and why? I would love to hear your opinion and comparison between the two. Thank you, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I would probably pick MWU-IL. They are both expensive but the class size at MWU-IL is significantly smaller.

Definitely MWU-IL. NYUs class size is way too big. NYC is also way more expensive to live in than Downers Grove, IL.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’d personally pick NYU unless one of your priorities is to get to know every single one of your classmates. NYU breaks the class into manageable sizes and students will (hardly) feel the pressure and stress of the actual class size.

Reactions: 1 user
Not NYU. The class is way too large for a dental school, and cost of living will be way higher inflating your loans.

At this point you need to save every dollar you can as these schools are both ridiculously expensive

Definitely MWU-IL. NYUs class size is way too big. NYC is also way more expensive to live in than Downers Grove, IL.
Not NYU. The class is way too large for a dental school, and cost of living will be way higher inflating your loans.

At this point you need to save every dollar you can as these schools are both ridiculously expensive

smallfries2005

2018-2019 dental school costs spreadsheet

COL is listed as pretty much the same for both schools give or take $1300-1600 each year. Is NYU hiding additional costs?

smallfries2005

2018-2019 dental school costs spreadsheet

COL is listed as pretty much the same for both schools give or take $1300-1600 each year. Is NYU hiding additional costs?
The cost of living in New York City is not even comparable to the cost of living in Downers Grove Illinois. Depending on what school you attend and where it is you can live very frugally. When you choose to go to a school in Boston, San Francisco or New York City, you can still live frugally but it is going to be very expensive, especially in today's day and age with rent costs skyrocketing.

Like @taroplush said, $1300-1600 a year will probably just pay your rent in NYC.