NYU vs. Ursinus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clookaisredhot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which pre-med program do you guys think is better? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Ursinus because I've never heard of it and therefore it's more interesting

Members don't see this ad :)
U riverside? if not wtf...

NYU hands down! That should not even be a question.

NYU has on of the highest Matriculating rates in the US.

i know the nyu pre-med program really well so I'll weigh in. It's true that the school has a high percentage of people who apply to med school, but they do a lot of weeding out. The attrition rate is extremely high. So if you can make it through to the end, you're in good shape because they have an excellent reputation. But you're gona have to work your butt off. trust me. i know people that started at nyu as freshman and also people that have transferred over there from my school, and they all say the science is tougher there.

i dont think ursinus is anywhere as academically rigorous as nyu. with that being said, these are completely different schools...a small liberal arts school set off from the rest of the world vs. a big university in the middle of the city. you are going to get completely different social experiences...choose based on that. regardless of where you go you can work your *** off and get into med school

Unless your parents are paying for everything or you got huge scholarships, go to the cheapest option. IF, you manage to get through to the end of huge weeding out process and actually apply to med school, you will appreciate not being in massive debt from undergrad before you even add on the 200K from med school.

Don't you want to be tell people you go to "Ursinus"?

On a more serious note, I don't know much about either school, but you might want to consider the types of extracurricular opportunities you have available. Living in downtown NY might offer a lot of benefits, vice versa.