NYU vs. USC??? NYU curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Westside22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,
I am trying to decide between NYU and USC.
I do not like USC's Problem Based Learning curriculum very much, however, I was told that NYU also started the PBL program as of last year?
I was unaware of this, I had a regional interview for NYU, i was not aware of NYU's curriculum.
I am not exactly sure about this, but a friend of a friend is a current first year at NYU said that they changed last year to the PBL at NYU, and so I am way confused.
If NYU does indeed have the PBL curriculum, I would choose USC over NYU since I am a CA resident.
However, if NYU curriculum is NOT PBL, then I would consider NYU.
Another topic that has been discussed extensively is NYU's drop out rates. This person who is currently attending NYU confirmed this, as a large number of her friends dropped out last year, I am not sure about their reasons for dropping out.
Can anyone give me some input? I have to make my deposit within a few days, so please any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I do not go to either of the schools you are contemplating. However, from my experience in dental school I can tell you that "problem based learning & testing" is the best way to understand and learn dentistry. In your practise, this would help you a great deal.....you will know "what to do when" in most of the situations, (if not all)!It also improves your thought process and method of problem solving.
Hope I did not confuse you further. Good luck! :)