1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

NYU vs. USC??? NYU curriculum

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Westside22, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Westside22

Westside22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi all,
    I am trying to decide between NYU and USC.
    I do not like USC's Problem Based Learning curriculum very much, however, I was told that NYU also started the PBL program as of last year?
    I was unaware of this, I had a regional interview for NYU, i was not aware of NYU's curriculum.
    I am not exactly sure about this, but a friend of a friend is a current first year at NYU said that they changed last year to the PBL at NYU, and so I am way confused.
    If NYU does indeed have the PBL curriculum, I would choose USC over NYU since I am a CA resident.
    However, if NYU curriculum is NOT PBL, then I would consider NYU.
    Another topic that has been discussed extensively is NYU's drop out rates. This person who is currently attending NYU confirmed this, as a large number of her friends dropped out last year, I am not sure about their reasons for dropping out.
    Can anyone give me some input? I have to make my deposit within a few days, so please any thoughts would be much appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DMD2002

DMD2002 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi
    I do not go to either of the schools you are contemplating. However, from my experience in dental school I can tell you that "problem based learning & testing" is the best way to understand and learn dentistry. In your practise, this would help you a great deal.....you will know "what to do when" in most of the situations, (if not all)!It also improves your thought process and method of problem solving.
    Hope I did not confuse you further. Good luck! :)