NYU Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BDS-DMD said:
Dude a small bit of advice. Spend less time on the SDN and clicking pictures to post here.

Spend more time with the books and practising crown and amalgam preps.

You will not like the frankness of my statement but it is meant to help you.

I just do not understand why do you have problems with him posting his pics???

Members don't see this ad.

BDS-DMD said:
Dude a small bit of advice. Spend less time on the SDN and clicking pictures to post here.

Spend more time with the books and practising crown and amalgam preps.

You will not like the frankness of my statement but it is meant to help you.

Dude, mind ure own business. 15 minutes a day on SDN doesn't do ****. I'm more than sure there are a LOT of people here who apperciate my posts.
You need to spend less time obsessing over my pics that are hanging on ure wall.

Khurram said:
hey corbert,
may I ask what ure basing your assumption on?
Ms. Knowles said that after august 1st no one would be called from the waitlist...and this year the rule is that anyone who is in the incoming class HAS to be present on august 1st at NYU at the orientation. Also she said anyone who is on the waitlist should reactivate their application on or after august 1st.
Do you know something different?

Maybe she just meant that I wouldn't be called from the waitlist after August 1st!!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Khurram said:
Dude, mind ure own business. 15 minutes a day on SDN doesn't do ****. I'm more than sure there are a LOT of people here who apperciate my posts.

I'm one of them... :cool:

Hmm..We all know how addictive SDN can be. I think BDS-DMD meant well. Just that it wasn't put up using the right words. And Khurram's always been helpful with his informative post. He's the one who saw me flying high and said "Yo! get your ass back down to earth. We are not getting a seat in NYU this year" Managed to finish nearabout 2 subjects coz of him.
Peace plz :p

I mailed my request for deferral on 22nd. So some one must be getting an acceptance so gl.

Thanks for the info sreshta.

a friend of mine got an acceptance letter last week for the advance placement. she was interviwed in april the 14 with a score of 88 and then waitlisted, and then she got in. and also, I called Ms. knowels and then she told me that the class was full. Sorry guys, it looks like that this year is over for us. :(

And just reconfirmed that the class is full! It seems that we don't have to do anything to reactivate our application for the year 2006. They automatically upgrade it. Fat chance of getting it on the second try without improving the score since there is no advantage of being in the waitlist, the previous year
Back to books guys

AjayDas said:
And just reconfirmed that the class is full! It seems that we don't have to do anything to reactivate our application for the year 2006. They automatically upgrade it. Fat chance of getting it on the second try without improving the score since there is no advantage of being in the waitlist, the previous year
Back to books guys
U need to send them a letter requesting them to re-activate ur application. they don't automatically re-activate it.

Hmm.. I was told my Ms Amy Knowles. Anyways, I think I will call up after a week and do the needful.
Thanks for the info

hey there
can anyone tell me when to reactivate application for 2006 at NYU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I think u need to send them a letter for reactivation.
Also just call up Amy Knowles.at NYU...she is very helpful
Good Luck to u!
V

hey...
thanks v...so guys i guess there isnt any hope left for any more acceptence letters to come, huhn? not that i have any hopes left but just wondering... has there been any acceptences after orientation week and all? just curious :)

ok i guess everyone seems pretty busy to ans my previous query. anyways here is another question... would anyone know what are the chances of getting accepted and admission for those of us who were on the waitlist this year and reactivated application for fall 2006?...anyone?

I asked this question to Mrs Knowles. According to her, we would just be considered as fresh applicants. There would be no advantage over other applicants.It means a person with a better score will be selected and we wwill end up in the waitlist again with the present score. It would make sense to retake the part 1. The only advantage is that if in case we get selected [either with present or improved scores], we don't have to appear for an interview all over again. They will just send the acceptance letter

AjayDas said:
I asked this question to Mrs Knowles. According to her, we would just be considered as fresh applicants. There would be no advantage over other applicants.It means a person with a better score will be selected and we wwill end up in the waitlist again with the present score. It would make sense to retake the part 1. The only advantage is that if in case we get selected [either with present or improved scores], we don't have to appear for an interview all over again. They will just send the acceptance letter
hi ajay
thanx for the information. i asked her the same ques in other way.i asked her how can i make my application stronger,she recommended me to take higher level of biology at master's level in u.s. wats that now? do they want student with masters degree from u.s ........now. ! :eek:
let see what happens
bye

hi guys ,
i need some information......when nyu will start calling the applicants for interview for 2006 admission cycle. There deadline is march, so do they start calling people before march. what is good score of part 1 , which assures the admission in NYU. In addition to national board scores do they look for other things also like ...working as a dental assistant, or just they give admissions only on the basis of national board scores.

THANKS.

hello everyone said:
hi guys ,
i need some information......when nyu will start calling the applicants for interview for 2006 admission cycle. There deadline is march, so do they start calling people before march. what is good score of part 1 , which assures the admission in NYU. In addition to national board scores do they look for other things also like ...working as a dental assistant, or just they give admissions only on the basis of national board scores.

THANKS.
I'll gurantee you admission in nyu if you get a 99 on part 1,
other than that, nothings for sure

hello everyone said:
hi guys ,

THANKS.
This year NYU started calling people for the interviews from Jan'05 to April 2005, they accept around 100+ students, early applicants always get the preference, as far as I know they started initial interviews in Jan05, they called the people with 90 & above , reapplicants with lesser score, In feb between 86 & 90, probably it might be less in March & april, also late applicants with good scores I guess...
NYU looks for good GPA also...Coming to other experience it will be always helpful to get admission...
Early Application with Good NBDE Score,GPA should fetch the interview, finally Seat, According to me 90 would be the good Score for Nyu
Good luck...

hi,
thanks ctv for this helpful information. i like the sense of humor of Khurram. I wish if i could get 99 in Nbde part 1. But in this country, i dont think 99 even can assures a seat to someone. i am sorry if i hurt someone's feelings, by aking the question, " how much scores assures the seat in Nyu".If i am not wrong last time i read on SDN , that NYU started calling the applicants for interview in october.

hi everyone,

What r nyu people upto.Do they actually want to drag us like donkeys.

hello everyone said:
hi,
thanks ctv for this helpful information. i like the sense of humor of Khurram. I wish if i could get 99 in Nbde part 1. But in this country, i dont think 99 even can assures a seat to someone. i am sorry if i hurt someone's feelings, by aking the question, " how much scores assures the seat in Nyu".If i am not wrong last time i read on SDN , that NYU started calling the applicants for interview in october.

I was also waitlisted to NYU. (I haven't posted much here but I recently did read about NYU waitlist)

Yesterday I received letter from NYU, dated 18th Aug, instructing me that Fall 2005 class was full. The option to reactivate my application is as easy as writing them and asking them to do so. Perhaps everyone else has also received letter by now as well. Just thought I woudld give an update. Best wishes to all! :)

Can anybody re-activate the application - I mean - people who didn't
even got waitlisted or for that matter who didn't even got interviewed?

Thanks.

FollowingADream said:
I was also waitlisted to NYU. (I haven't posted much here but I recently did read about NYU waitlist)

Yesterday I received letter from NYU, dated 18th Aug, instructing me that Fall 2005 class was full. The option to reactivate my application is as easy as writing them and asking them to do so. Perhaps everyone else has also received letter by now as well. Just thought I woudld give an update. Best wishes to all! :)
Hi
Can you give me your scores plz if u don't mind.Thanks

I am Prashant Nanda presently a 3rd yr dental student in India ( appearing for my 3rd prof exams end of this month)........ i appeared for the NBDE part 1 in July this year and scored 85......... i am planning on taking the part 2 during my internship.......... i wanted to know realistically speaking what are my chances of getting into a dental school in the US............. please just dont view and move on if u have any advice ,give it......... i need all the ideas and help i can get ...... thank you