NYU waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phatlineman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know NYU already accepted their first batch of 28 applicants. Does anybody know if they usually utilize their waitlist? They only have a class of 8-10 and I'm pretty sure there will be 8-10 out of the 28 that want to live in NYC.

Basically, NYU is my top choice but if there's really really small chances they pull from the waitlist anyway (and even then they may only take 1-2 people form the waitlist) I'm going to write a letter of intent to my second choice school instead.

Members don't see this ad.

How do you know they've accepted their first batch already?

I know NYU already accepted their first batch of 28 applicants. Does anybody know if they usually utilize their waitlist? They only have a class of 8-10 and I'm pretty sure there will be 8-10 out of the 28 that want to live in NYC.

Basically, NYU is my top choice but if there's really really small chances they pull from the waitlist anyway (and even then they may only take 1-2 people form the waitlist) I'm going to write a letter of intent to my second choice school instead.

How do you know they've accepted their first batch already?

know someone that got accepted. he knows they accepted 28 because they sent an email to everyone that got accepted and 28 emails were CC'd.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
bummer... NYU was my top choice, I was still hoping no acceptances were sent yet... go waitlisters!

know someone that got accepted. he knows they accepted 28 because they sent an email to everyone that got accepted and 28 emails were CC'd.

did they send you a notification that you were put on a waitlist? or have you not been rejected yet?

did they send you a notification that you were put on a waitlist? or have you not been rejected yet?
I wasn't rejected. Almost three months post interview... must be a silent hold. they dont do official waitlist.

I don't know where did you get the number 28 from... I was accepted back in January but I don't think the e-mail they sent out showed how many people received it.

Also.. they might be contacting more people soon. I was told to decide if I would go to the revisit about a week ago. I think there might be more people who decide to let go the acceptance and thus enable them to accept more candidates!

I was accepted a while back and a few weeks ago there was an email sent out to all of us about revisit weekend. For what it's worth, I only see 26 addresses listed on it. I'm probably not gonna go to NYU but I hope you all hear back with good news soon.

I was accepted a while back and a few weeks ago there was an email sent out to all of us about revisit weekend. For what it's worth, I only see 26 addresses listed on it. I'm probably not gonna go to NYU but I hope you all hear back with good news soon.
I just hope that people who plan on turning down NYU should let them know ASAP. I spoke with them yesterday, and from what I gathered, they are waiting to hear those negative answers before updating people like myself.
As far as the emails are concerned, I wouldn't be surprised is some of the addressees are not applicants, rather other people being kept int he loop.

I just hope that people who plan on turning down NYU should let them know ASAP. I spoke with them yesterday, and from what I gathered, they are waiting to hear those negative answers before updating people like myself.
As far as the emails are concerned, I wouldn't be surprised is some of the addressees are not applicants, rather other people being kept int he loop.

well lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for good news. anyone want to trade MSTP offers? :p

Also does anyone know if its possible to get an MD-only offer if you don't get into the MSTP? I imagine not because we didn't have any MD interviews during the interview day...

I would wonder about that too. I'm lest concerned about the interview, more concerned about how late it is in the season...

Also does anyone know if its possible to get an MD-only offer if you don't get into the MSTP? I imagine not because we didn't have any MD interviews during the interview day...

Well, i got the axe from NYU today...